Register now to get rid of these ads!

LURK = To lie hidden as in ambush

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by mudflap261, Feb 17, 2009.

1. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

attention lurkers TULSA AREA stop lurking some of you want to wait to see how its going to play out. we have talked to the promoter and he wants to use us as fill in at some of his other shows but we need at least 8 cars we can count on. If you are serious about building you need start looking for a engine as it is hardest part to come up with. If you run a stock engine the first year you will still collect points as you run every round.The guys who have cars are willing to help you right up to when the first stage light comes on.This is not a1 8oo deal you have to get out and hustle. you can call 918 836 2255 or go by Hindmans shop 6998 145 east ave. This applies to the rest of you lurkers also.The calif guys have got it figured out.

2. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

What the hell are you talking about?

3. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

If ya have to ask.......ya probably won't figure it out anyway.:p

4. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

M u d f l a p , I t h i n k y o u t y p e t o o f a s t f o r h i m .

5. Rand Man

Rand Man

Wonder if someone would consider leasing a race car? I can supply a turn-key rail for the 2009 season. Get some seat time. More fun, less work, less commitment. Maybe two or three guys could chip-in and take turns driving. Let's make a deal.

6. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

Fast or slow I don’t have a clue. Would you care to enlighten me? Just curious.

7. Rand Man

Rand Man

7"Chop,
    You are in the HA/GR forum. He's talking about racing HAMB GAS RAIL vintage dragsters at the dragstrip in Tulsa this summer.

8. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

Makes sense now. Thank You

9. Hemibaker

Hemibaker

I am still waiting on the rules for the SDRA class at Tulsa

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  10. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Cool idea Randy,But what happens if it breaks?:D:confused:

11. ThingyM

ThingyM

YOU FEEEEX...hehehe...

12. Rand Man

Rand Man

Well, it's just gathering dust right now. I'm working on a low cost competitive package, using a six and auto. Should be a good package for the Tulsa races. The lease price would cover my initial cost. If they break it they buy it. I could put an hour meter and rev limiter on. We could negotiate a re-lease based on cost of repairs vs. use or abuse.

13. mustang9093

mustang9093
    from Indiana

One of these HA/GR cars would look good behind my 40 Ford truck, the IHRA Super Stocker is still in the garage but it got to be like another job!! I read the rules and see that they are stick only, do you gear them for a single shift or do you use all the gears? I am a Ford guy but will run what ever combo will work. do they run heads-up or bracket race? Answers and input are welcome. Thanks

14. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

If you prefer slush pumps there are HAMBsteresque cars in an adjacent class of the SDRA, based in Tulsa and they're doing quite nicely around there.

As to HA/GRs, both shifting methods are in use, the higher hp cars generally prefer two gears and us lower hp rollers typically use'em all.

Most of us run bracket as default and our own heads up style when we can. It usually depends on whether we can field enough cars to talk the venue operators into it. There are a small handful of actual (not modren style name only) "nostalgia" venues here and there that run heads up classes as a format. The HAMB at Mokan comes first to mind, and I believe the Tulsa boys indulge too.
    We may be able to work something out with ANRA and Dragfest at Famoso in the next year or two also, as the class is finally getting a toe hold out here.

15. ThingyM

ThingyM

Stang..Well I'm sort of partial with Fords myself.BUT,, I am using a 194 Chev 6. WHY, It was free. That is what is so much fun about these things. Use the stuff you have lying around and put it to use..Believe me, I'm having a very good time figuring out the needed "Stuff" on my HA/GR..
    I know how that OTHER racing can get..I ran a Fiat Altered.. Got tired of forking out 10 grand for motors.. I can build 10 of these cars for what 1 motor cost. And these are not like having a second job either..Get your thinking cap on..Remember, It's got to be built like in the 50s and 60s... Dick M..

16. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

Hi Stang, In Tulsa we do not put anyone on the trailor. Everyone runs every round until we find a winner. If you loose, you go to the loosers bracket and keep running till the winner is found. Joe

17. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Sorry, my pooter's been down for a bit, here's a link for you .....
    http://sdra.sgtmcd.com/?page=rules.html

Stang, Thingy's got it right. Grab what's nearest and cheapest and dig in ......... :cool:
    I doubt he's actually gonna build ten of'em though, at least not this year. :p

"In Tulsa we do not put anyone on the trailor. Everyone runs every round until we find a winner. If you loose, you go to the loosers bracket and keep running till the winner is found."

Yep, that's why we're trying to hammer together a road trip this year Joe. :D