Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowering my 53 f100 and need some help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chappys4life, Apr 14, 2012.

1. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

I finally decided to lower my 53 f100 and think I got everything I need to do it hopefully but have 1 or 2 details to work out and looking for some advice. I am using Posies super slide front lowering spring and Mid Fifty main leaf only lowered and reversed eye (you use your existing springs with some leafs out and their main spring). My question is since the rear has the reversed eye I understand you have to flip the front spring hanger but I have heard you should switch sides they are on so right goes to left and left goes to right. Which way should I do?

Also since I am doing a 2 ½-3” drop I am debating what shocks to run. I was debating stock but also looking at the cpp ones. I also have seen mid fifty makes a longer shock mounting kit has anyone used this and any benefit? Just trying to figure out shocks as I completely forgot about looking into them.

2. Willy301

Willy301

If you are lowering, and plan on using original shocks, the longer shock mounting kit might keep your shocks from bottoming out before your suspension travel does. You will destroy shocks and possibly put shock sized holes in any sheet metal ajacent to the shock if you bottom them completely out...and likely rust proof the underside of your truck with the oil spray...