Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lower would be buried

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by canadian, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddylama

daddylama

is that a "grow your own top/body wood kit?" :D

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Body Drop... Do you mean channel? I very purposely don't speak mini truck.

Chris Stapley likes this.
  3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that says it all right there...."body drop" is a mini trucker saying. Hot Rod guys have been channelling cars for 75 years and a bunch of idiot mini truckers think they invented it.

I couldn't see the picture at work, I have seen that car before in the urban dictionary, it is the photo next to the definition of the saying "looks like ass"

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  4. indyjps

indyjps

Canadian, how well can you weld. To accomplish what you want I think it will take channeling the car to get the body below the frame, and/or raising the floor to allow everything that hangs below the frame to tuck up. Once everything is above the lowest point of the frame, the rear frame needs to be modified to allow for travel and bags, front probably drop spindles and bags. If you can weld it yourself it's doable. I dont think it will look good or fit on this forum.

5. oldcars.acadia

oldcars.acadia

Any vehicle on a public road that can compromise the scrub line with tire or an air line failure is unsafe, and illegal . Haven't seen a broken spring that looks right yet.:(

Stevie G and Peanut 1959 like this.
  6. belair

belair

That 57 looks like a model car body before you put it together. Not every style fits every car. A 56 Chevy deserves something else.

7. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

I think I just sharded........

8. Could someone please point out the "traditional" aspects of this to me?
    I don't see it, it looks like shit.

I realize the work and fabrication to get here & its no easy feat. What I don't understand is why anyone would put this type of effort into some asinine vision.

Saxman and Muttley like this.
  9. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

It also has radial tires - something else that's not traditional either. I guess I'm not a part of "everyone" because I think the Merc isn't entirely appealing. I don't care who built the car. I care about the final product and I can think of several unfinished cars on here I would rather own than that Oz-built Merc (just in case anyone calls me out on this, I'd rather own JeremyJames' Merc than the Oz-built Merc).

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1386872590.226161.jpg

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  10. going to have to channel. Cut the floor loose and drop body until slightly lower than the frame, make filler strips and weld. The other option is to use rectangle or square tubing ( usually the section between the firewall and kick up at the rear) to make the frame profile lower. Crap channeling a car is as bout as trad as it gets. Air springs(bags) have been around since the teens, Heck I worked on a 58 Buick with factory air ride. Sounds like fun...good luck
    oh yea.. post pics

11. fortynut

fortynut

Car on the ground. Yawn. Like a sleeping dog. Makes me want to find a rocking chair 'cause it's not meant to go anywhere fast. Another yawn. I think I'm going to turn in. This whole thing is boring as talking about NASCAR.

12. Jakes38

Jakes38

I'm going to have to side with the Traditionalist here. Show me a car built by one of the greats that "lays rocker". Customs have been lowered since the dawn of time, but this "broken" on the ground look has me baffled. The car in my avatar is a good example of a low, early built custom. Note the use of lake pipes to achieve an even lower look. IMO, one cant go wrong in this approach, and the car is still cruise-able. But, at the end of the day, people will do as they choose. To each his own. Mahalo.

13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

14. I like to see some cars lowered, but if it can event be driven, whats the point?

15. Yes sir! :D HRP

16. Schnitz

Schnitz

The car has airbags - he can lay it out or ride like a 4x4 and EVERYTHING in between.
    That includes tail dragging or any other 'traditional' stance he chooses.
    I applaud the work put into the car to lay out like that. I personally don't like the 'look' on that car but it's not mine so who am I to judge.

The G00SE and Special Ed like this.
  17. I thought this site was for traditional rods and customs not mini trucks in disguise.

sent via classroom note. pass it on

Muttley, lurker mick and 49ratfink like this.
  18. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

All that time put into the paint on the body and couldn't even bother with some spray bomb to coat the chassis or rearend... I don't get it either.

49ratfink likes this.
  19. The G00SE

The G00SE

I like them low. Its not like he has to drive it dragging the rockers. He can raise it thats what the bags are for. I also like the fact that he is thinking out side of the box as far as mid 50's chevy s go.. I was at a show in 09 and there was a 66 pontiac llemans there it was lowered kidney bean rims? With skinny whites curb feallers .had a lot of latino flavour. Thought it was way cool that some one would do somthing with a muscle car other than be a muscle car..
    your car do what you want

20. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

....jeez, we used to call it baffed out springs which was really traditional for our beaters.....

21. Gman0046

Gman0046

Didn't know a 66 Lemans with curb feelers was a muscle car.

22. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Nailed it.

Nailedit_Chevy.jpg

Muttley, dtracy, Saxman and 2 others like this.
  23. The G00SE

The G00SE

Sorry up here in montana anything from the 60's and 70's IS a muscle car and gets jacked up in the rear with big meats... period! and if its a mid 50's chevy its turquoise and white . .. no offense

lewk likes this.
  24. [​IMG]
    not a 56 but one of my favorite.

25. To some, if a little is good, more is better? I guess once you get the vehicle laying frame or rockers..... that's better? Maybe for the fairgrounds static display, but that's it.
    You don't have to go to these extremes to have a cool vehicle?

26. belair

belair

A couple of significant differences that make this one work-the car is not lowered over the wheels-look at where the center of the front wheel is-it's not up by the lip of the fender lip. And the skirts really help pull this off. and there might even be a little rake. Like I said, not all body styles lend themselves to all styles. You don't want to see Rosanne Barr in a bikini, do you?

FlynBrian and patmanta like this.
  27. [​IMG]
    these may not be laying rocker completely but good examples of slammed cars back in the day. I also dig how they used exhaust to fill the gap between the rocker and the ground, especially the ford in the back ground.

28. That's been photoshopped, not even well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.