Register now to get rid of these ads!

low priced freight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROBERT JAM, May 10, 2010.

1. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Any Ideas on the most best and least priced way to ship a 350 trans?I need it to go from Billings Mt to Boise Id

2. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

If you want to ship by truck try freightquote.com

3. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Try www.uship.com

It works kind of like "that auction" site, but guys bid on your freight. Usually somebody who is going your way will bid. Good luck. Stu

4. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I have found FedEx freight to be pretty cheap.....

5. synthsis

synthsis

6. RagDoll

RagDoll

No matter how you ship it, pack it like gorillas are going to throw it from a roof. Just first hand experience as a truck driver picking things up from freighters. That said, I've used FedEx ground to ship everything from rims to hoods.

7. brad chevy

brad chevy

FedEx,they don"t damage your stuff,you get a tracking number .with no bullcrap like the flathead getting lost by the trucking company.

8. Little more expensive than most, but I prefer using them too.

9. Sell it where you are and send the money to ID for them to buy a local one. That would be the cheapest way to go.

Actually, Billings to Boise isn't all that far, just deliver it yourself.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  10. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Theres always that group with the cute answers.Just wanted a good source for a freight co.thanks to all who responded with companys to use

11. If you use Fed Ex Frieght Bob, check prices on dropping it off and picking it up at Fed Ex. They charge (as they should) for picking up and dropping off, and even charge more at a residence rather than a business.