Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Low Buck 34 P/U

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Larrysgarage, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Larrysgarage

Larrysgarage
    from Palatka,Fl

Hey guys,pretty sure I'm not the first to do this but thought I'd pass it along,might save someone a few bucks.I had a couple of 36 ford truck doors laying around [kinda rusty at the bottom].I needed door skins for my 34 p/u and really hated to spend 2 bills.I kept eyeballing the 36 doors and the top bead looked the same as the bottom bead on the34 and what the hell I started cutting on the 36 doors,I cut above the top bead and measured 20 times leaving about 1/2" on each side to fold around.It's important to measure many times!!!The door handle hole will be at the bottom of the 34 door but filling that is an easy fix and it don't look to darn bad . You gotta appreciate that I'm far from being a body man.

Attached Files:

54reno likes this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

Around here 35 doors are probably as rare as 34 doors, but not as valuable. Still, I don't think I could hack some up. Applause for the ingenuity though. (Should have installed the handles in the low location just to mess with people)