Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost my mom 1/6/11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by barslazyr, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Pasta

Pasta

So very sorry for your loss man. She sounds like a really cool lady.
    I lost my mom in 1970 to cancer as well, when I was 4-1/2 years old.
    To all those who've lost parents, may the Peace of The Lord comfort you.

George

2. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Mom's are always special, but your mom sure had some extra spice added in. Hold on to the Memories and she will remain with you everyday. God Speed, & God Bless you and your family.

PS. Do you by chance know a John Rosenkrans? He is a dear friend of mine who lives in Chandler.

3. praying for you and your family .

4. Tripple G

Tripple G

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Mine is 81 and is in assisted living. She refers to her apartment there as her "cage". She has dementia and is very lonely. Dad passed away 2-yrs ago, on January 7th. It doesn't make it any easier for you, but I know what your going thru. Never thought like this before, but now, every "event" it's like, wonder if Mom will be here for this one "Next Year"? Hang in there! My prayers go out to you.

5. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

May your mother rest in peace,,,,,,she sounds like she was a great lady and full of life.

6. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

It sounds like she lived a good life doing things she enjoyed. I'm sure she's in an awesome place right now.

7. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was a very fun loving lady.

8. Sorry for your loss. She was an interesting lady and I know you will miss her dearly.

9. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Sorry for your loss, my mom passed Dec. 2 so I feel your pain. Your in my thoughts!!!

10. Chemin

Chemin

Sorry to hear about your loss. She sounded like a great lady.

11. belyea_david

belyea_david
    from Regina, SK

Cancer is an insidious disease that has touched all of us at one time. My condolences and prayers to you and your family. She is without doubt in a better place.

12. I feel your pain! Having a car/nova/racing Mom had to be special. My mom also lost her life to the dreaded lung cancer, ironically never smoked, but she lived a wonderful loving 85 years. It is a really hard thing to accept. We all talk of how fast time seems to go as we get older. I really miss the family gatherings we enjoyed growing up, most all my Aunts and Uncles are gone now and the cousins are not as close. I say all this as a helpful reminder to the younger on here to spend time with family, resolve all differences and cherish the time you have, every day is a gift, do things while you are healthy, and develop a relationship with God. The most important thing my Mom taught me was to be faithful. In my Mom's last hour she had the faith to sit up and say the Lords Prayer before she took her last breath. My friend my prayers go out to you and the Hamb community surely help out with your loss. Share some of her racing on a thread I think it will help you to recover . God bless. CGM.

13. thekid1950

thekid1950

God bless you & your family...sorry for your loss.

14. 51ChevPU

51ChevPU
    from Arizona

Sorry for your loss. I too lost my mother to cancer several years back. Our prayers are with you and your family.

15. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A guy only gets one mom and it sounds like yours was really special. I lost mine in '02 but she's still with me everyday. A friend told me that loosing someone close leaves a hole in your life that's always there, you eventually get used to it, but it's always there. I feel for you.

16. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Condolences from my wife and I. She lost her mother on Christmas day. God bless.

17. big bad john

big bad john

.....Sorry for your lost.....Prayers are with you .......

18. Prayers for you and your family that God will give you strength and peace through this hard time.

19. Rickochet

Rickochet
    from Indiana

Your Mom must have been a very special lady! Sounds like you have fond memories of her--cherish them forever! Praying for you and your family as you go trough this difficult time.

20. I lost my mom last Feb. so I know what your going through. Take care of your self and know she is in a better place.

21. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Lost mine Dec.6th this winter. Can tell you loved her dearly too. My prayers are with you. As one person here pointed out so insightfully to me, it's a right of passage, one we all must endure.
    In your everyday, your memory keeps her alive. In the love she taught you, you'll find the wisdom and strength needed to live each day to the fullest.
    God Bless

22. <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    My Condolences and prayers to you and family.

23. encswsm

encswsm

Sorry for your loss... Our prayers are with you..

24. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

Sorry to hear about your mom, i lost mine to lung cancer 2 years ago we always told her to stop smoking.

25. 53mercury

53mercury

My condolences to you and yours. My mom passed 5 yrs ago, but I still talk to her on a regular basis. Mike

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Mine went home to be with the Lord on her 86th birthday this last July. I was her first born and we shared a special bond throughout our lives. Miss her every day but it makes it a lot better knowing where she is and the fact I'll see her again one day. I'll be praying for you to find peace in this difficult time. Keep her memory fresh by thinking of her every day and she will never be far from you.
    Frank

27. I feel for you... I lost my mom in 1996, she was 49. She had lived a full and happy life, I just wish I had got to spend more time with her.

Remember the good times, the laughs, and even the rough times, it will keep her memory fresh in your mind.

Take care,
    Jeff

28. So sorry to hear that your Mom passed sounds like she was the kind of lady that knew her family and how to love each person in it .Hope the heart ache will be tempered by the great memories. Rob.

29. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

We will be thinking of you and your family.

30. barslazyr

barslazyr

I want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers, I want to say I am sorry to all that know what it is like to loose there mom and you are all in my thoughts and prayers. With my mom into cars, racing and the demo derby every time i do any of those things I know that she will be standing beside my smiling. My step dad wants to get moms nova out and make a few races in her honor and I will be there. Thanks again