Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost my little buddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old-idaho-iron, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My condolences.

2. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I know how you feel,I lost my Best Friend a couple years back.Just try to remember the good times.Hang in there man.

3. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Sorry for your loss.

4. cayager

cayager

when asked how many dogs we own i answer none, they own us. sorry to here of your loss. we own 3. 2 pugs and an aussie. i can only pray when they need to go they go peacefully while sleeping. it will kill me to have to do it for them.

5. RRuss

RRuss
    from Lowman, Id

Yesterday was also a tough day for both the wife and I. We also lost our "BEST" friend and love, Sadie Mae a beautiful yellow lab.. Like Old-Idaho-Iron I was going to post a thread re: Sadie Mae in hopes of releaving or venting my pain. But through the tears and the fear of someone like "Hotrodbrad" I choose not too.
    When someone like Hotrodbrad speaks I wonder Why, What's wrong with this person or maybe I'm the oddball but when I read the replys to his post then I know who the oddball is and that I'm among friends as we were with our beloved Sadie Mae.
    So Hotrodbrad this 73 year old man will continue to shed tears for a friend and love for which I'm sure you don't or will never have.
    Thank You Hamber's for letting me speak.

RRuss

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

The sad thing about owning a pet is that the clock is ticking a lot faster for them than for us. Their normal life expectancy is so short compared to ours. After you lose a pet you become very aware of that fact and you keep looking at the ones you still have, knowing that day will come all too soon for them too.

But the life expectancy of a poor stray animal living alone on the streets is extremely short. For about 3 years we have been feeding the stray cats that live around our shop every night, and in that time we have seen so many come for a while and then suddenly disappear. You hope for the best for them, but know deep down something bad has happened. :( We got really close to a few of them and it hurts bad when they disappear.

Our shelters down here are thankfully no kill for the most part, but they are so overfull they can't take another one in. I have always said that if I hit the lottery I would set up a refuge for as many strays as I could take in and try to give them a decent life with some love and protection. But for now all I can do is try to make sure the ones that come around go to sleep at night with a full belly.

Don

7. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

That sux! Sorry to hear

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

So very sorry for the loss of your pal. I know it will happen eventually but I just cannot imagine losing my little buddies.

9. Sorry for your loss. I couldnt imagine losing my little monkey.

10. Sorry for your loss. Been there before,and will be there again someday. Never easy. But someday I will be greeted by all my friends.looking at them now and saying thank you.......I'm getting the blank stare,but they know what I mean.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.