Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost my Dad today.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mudslinger, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Very sorry to hear about your Dad. It is a tough thing to go through. He will be in my prayers along with you and your family.

2. luciomduran

luciomduran

Our thoughts are with you man.

3. basicbob

basicbob

Mudslinger, sorry for your loss. My dad is 87 & fell in Sept, may never get over the fall either.

List your mom's address or yours & I will send some flowers.
    BasicBob

4. racer756

racer756

Thoughts and prayers sent.

5. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

My thoughts and prayers arewith you and your family. sorry for your loss.

6. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Lost my dad 5 years ago today.

Tell the stories about his life and he will always be with you.

Peace to you and yours.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am really sorry for your loss. My prayers and thought are with you and your family. It really sucks to lose someone that you look up to.

8. 51hrdtp

51hrdtp

Prayers to you and yours.

9. Sorry for you loss brother. Stay strong. Thoughts and prayers to your and your family. God Bless.

10. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

sorry to hear that, you are in our thoughts and prayers

11. sorry to hear of the loss. Now you will start understanding all the things he told you thru the years. All the things he did that you didn't like will pass from your memory and youu'll only remember the good times.

12. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family..

13. flat34pu

flat34pu

sorry to hear about your loss.

14. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Thanks for all the kindness. I lock everything in and try to just take it with a straight face, but I tell you all the messages and reading this end to end IM choked up and have stopped more than a few times.
    One way its a weight lifted off of us that its come to an end and another way I wish we just had one more time of setting together watching T.V. in his room.
    Many Thanks to everybody.

15. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Sorry about the loss of your father. Remember, we are all here for a very short time, soon we will all be reunited with the loved ones who have gone before us.

16. God bless you man! Cant even begin to figure your pain, my wife lost her dad in 05' and I nearly lost her through her grief!!
    We miss his voice and his laugh like mad, every day, even now!!
    Remember to allow your family in and let them share all the good memories with you, it'll help ease your pain!
    The Lord may have taken your Dad home, but he can never take the loving memories you both have shared through his life!!!
    Our thoughts are with you, take care, god bless! xx

17. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Thats awful. My condolences and prayers to you and your family.

18. tiger mark

tiger mark
    from burbank,il

My prayers go out to you and your family, can relate lost my dad (89 yrs old) a couple of months ago.

19. Thoughts and Prayers

20. Sorry for your loss.
    84 years is a good long stretch.
    Being born in the roaring twenties,
    he must have seen a ton of history.

21. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

I'm very sorry for your loss...my heart and prayers go out to all your family!:(

22. Sounds like a tough 'ol fella. Peace and comfort to you and your family at this time of loss...

23. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

I feel for you. I lost my Dad in April 2007 at 77years old. Totally unexpectedly. Hung out with him and my Mom on Saturday and on Monday he was gone. My prayers go out to you and your family to help you through this hard time.

FWIW, in the weeks following Dad's death, I was talking to my Mom and telling her how sad I was about the situation.

Her reply was "If you're sad for yourself, get over it. Your Dad left us as happy and content as he could be. He raised his kids to be self sufficient and to make good choices. He left us, knowing that he'd done a good job. His work was done."

Right she was. I'm sure that the same can be said of your Dad.

Funny thing is that I find myself reminded of all of the little things that he said or did much more often, now that he's not here.

They say that you are never really a man until your father dies. I don't know about that but for myself, I find that instead of having Dad to ask questions and run things by, I now have to make certain desicions by myself. Don't think for a minute that I don't ask myself "what would my Dad say?" when deciding what to do.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  24. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I am sorry to hear of your loss . My thoughts & prayers go out to you and your family . Now your Dad is where there is no more pain !
    Lost my Dad 27 years ago on December 13 and still bothers me due to this time of year .

RetroJim

25. sorry for your loss...thoughts and prayers sent

26. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I am sorry to hear of your loss..I feel your pain. I lost my Dad 33 years ago last week.....I still miss him.

27. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Prayers for you and your family. Godspeed.

28. I feel for you, my condolences.

You are in the company of so many of us who have as adults had to view our fathers at the time of their failing health.

It is very strange to be in the reverse position of viewing a parent, someone who was our strength and comfort for so many years, in failing health and in your case, mine and many others, have to cope with their death.

We were taught so many things in school to prepare us for life BUT we were never taught how to deal with this subject - the loss of a loved one.

I can bring you comfort by letting you know the pain of the loss will over time become more managable. We can go on with constant thoughts but the pain will be replaced by beautiful memories

The fact that you mentioned you dad to your peers in this site shows of your special feelings for your dad.

Jusy my comments and personal thoughts--- hope it helps

Time heals

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  29. Rolf

Rolf

Sorry for your loss. It sux and it hurts, but time will heel.

Best,

30. wow sorry to hear it. lost my pops few years back.take care.hot rod city garage jeff