Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost in space?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thamesvan, Jun 9, 2012.

1. :confused: I've bought a winters champ quickchange with the disc brake option from Speedway.It had to happen,its arrived as a bucket of bolts,brackets and bearings and no instructions!!!?I don't know if everyone else in the world knows how to put it all together but I sure dont.I beleive its just a Ford 9inch brake set-up,but even a picture of the finished assembly would be nice. I can,t find anything on either Winters or Speedway websites.Its got 2 brackets that say L and R which is great but looking from where to what :eek:, I,ve been told L is nearside or drivers' side,sound right?Also,to get this bracket on ,the half shafts have to come off,do they just slide hammer off or there is a circlip or something has to come off first?
    There's a wind to the east,so lean to the west he crouches when he shoots,so stand on your toes;he draws from the left so aim to the right:( make it so

2. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

oh well, when you get it figured out, you'll feel good! you do enough of these challenges and soon, nothing can stop you. good luck.

3. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Left side is sitting in the seat facing forward..( we drive our cars from the left side on this side of the pond ) LOL...
    To remove the axle (half ) shaft you remove the 4 bolts from the housing where the axle slides in..it will pop right out.. No clips...
    Slide the brackets over the axle and push the whole thing back into the housing, start the bolts & nuts..
    Be carefull..some of speedway's disc kits are almost too "universal" .. You may have to mock it up a few times to get everything lined up and spaced correctly..
    If you need any one on one help feel free to email me [email protected]

Dave Lewis

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

watched Lost in Space a bit tonight. hate that Dr. Smith guy, they should have killed him in the first episode.

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Left is left and right is right when sitting in the car.

Good luck with the assy. Have you asked for help from the manufacturer?

6. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

Danger Will Robinson, DANGER!

7. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. Trying to wheazle some more information before I do some serious damage :confused:,a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.Looks like I got a Ford M-2300-G2 9inch axle kit.It appears I've got bits to fit disc or drum brakes.I,ve also got 2 spacers,same size as the axle bearings.I'm fitting discs,does that mean I don't need these spacers?There is also a 4 bolt bracket that I'm going to pull the half shfts in with,like slap a bit of grease on and nip away;am I looking good? :eek: