Register now to get rid of these ads!

lost hotel room for the pileup.........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spoons, Sep 22, 2008.

1. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

How many out here got the "Lucky Phone Call" from Holiday Inn, Morris that you room has been Cancelled??:mad:
    I got one today and am now scrambling to find another( They Have one 20 miles away in Ottawa)
    They do have rooms in Joilet (Super 8 @ I-55N Mall Loop Rd.)

2. silent rick

silent rick

you're not alone. holiday inn closed down almost 30 rooms for remodeling after some of them suffered flood damage.

3. krooser

krooser

ask Bob K....

4. There are a couple nice places in Dayton, not as far west as Joliet, we stayed there last year with Shoe and his gang. GREAT food at a pub there facing the river.

5. Ok gang here's the official story. I talked to the MOD today. For those of you who don't know... I work in a hotel and am in open converation with the folks at what is currently known at the Morris Inn. If I can help at all, I will, but in the meantime, if you are one of those people with rooms in your back pocket... please PM me as well.

As you know they are currently converting from a Holiday Inn to a Quality Inn. They had some renovations planned.

The extreme rains and flooding last weekend did some damage to their plumbing - they HAVE to start the work now, it can't be put off.

They had to put 29 rooms out of service.

So they are calling guests in advance to try to accomodate them at other hotels. If you have gotten a call, please PM me. If you have not gotten a call, don't worry about it.

Unfortunately the closest availability is in Ottawa. They are relocating to both the Holiday Inn and the Hampton Inn in Ottawa. It has nothing to do with the fact that one of them is a Holiday Inn. They've also called the other two hotels in Morris, but as you know, those are sold out. If they get last minute cancellations, those rooms will go to those who are being relocated. All three Morris hotels are working together. I would highly recomment they have your cell phone on file as some of these cancellations are likely to come in day of.

I spoke with their MOD. All of their upper management, along with their president, are at a conference this week.

I've asked if they will consider running a shuttle from Ottawa to the Red Cent and back for Friday and Saturday nights. Obviously you guys will want to run your cars to the show (duh) but if this alleviates concerns about drinking and driving, I think it's worth exploring the option. The MOD seemed open to this idea, but it's the president's decision.

If I have to take a ride down their to meet with them, I will.

Please know this is not intentional from the hotel - it's a physical plant problem. Just like some of you had flooding and damage to your homes and businesses, that is the situation they are in.

Like I said, if you are one of the people who were contacted, please let me know and I will advise you of any updates.

It is my intention to be an intermediary between the guests and the hotel.

What I need to know is this: is a shuttle worth it to you? I don't want to fight for this and have no one use it.

The other thing is I really want to be sure that the right story gets out there and that the internet rumour mill doesn't do it's normal thing.

I also want the guests to know that the Chrome Czars and myself are working to find an acceptable solution to the problem and that we aren't just throwing our hands up.

If anyone else has any ideas, send them my way.

Thanks

Catherine

6. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

They told me they had to shut down rooms for renovation...........
    There are plenty of rooms In Joilet @ the Super 8 List above(74.00 for 2 Queen beds), but I'd rather stay close to the venue. I had to stay there last year when they "Overbooked"..........

Could use a little help here Catherine

7. Several of us are now in Ottawa now.... No big deal, don't spend much time in the room anyway.

8. Marcy

Marcy

I got the call today as well :(

Marcy

9. Well... I can't build more rooms unfortunately... BUT

a) Please please please anyone who has rooms in their back pocket send them my way. Please consider doubling up even if you don't usually
    and
    b) Did you guys see the part in my post about a shuttle? What are your thoughts on that? Obviously not the for the actual show (duh) but if you guys are worried about drinking and driving on Friday and Saturday nights, I could see if they are willing to help us out.

10. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I got the call today also. They told me they would guarantee my rooms in Ottawa, so............ see the rest of you there. Gary

11. GTS225

GTS225

For what it's worth, I'm booked into the Super 8 in Yorkville, about 20 miles due north. As of about three weeks ago, they claimed to still have some rooms available..............

Roger

12. TomH

TomH

Got dumped into Ottawa too.......I won't be needing a shuttle.

13. voodoochili

voodoochili

Got the dump call yesterday, we are now in Ottawa. I would advise you to call the hotel they said you are supposed to be at now. They were a little confused at the Holliday Inn, but it is all good now. See you there. I think we are Ok without a shuttle.

14. I got my call today......kinds sucks..... i told the lady i was going to start crying, she laughed. I'm ok with this i guess, no shuttle needed here....