Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost and Found

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintage tin, Feb 20, 2009.

1. vintage tin

vintage tin

Many years ago I had a 1964 Chev C-10 pickup. It was one of the vehicles that I actually kept for a long period of time (5-6 years). I sold the truck in 1993 locally and never saw the truck again. and have often wondered about what happened to the truck. I have had thoughts of another 60-66 chev truck for quite awhile. Funny thing is while looking through the classifieds here on the HAMB, I noticed an ad for a 64 chev C-10 for sale in MN. I had a weird gut feeling before I opened the ad. Damned if I wasn't right. My old truck. 16 years of wondering where it was and what happened to it answered. Some minor changes (Not good ones in my opinion) but mostly the same. The tire size and rake of the truck looks tacky. and the cheesy steering wheel, and the cheap looking accessories under the hood look shitty.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335333

and a photo from 1993 when it was still mine.

Anybody else lose track of a previously owned vehicle and then found it years later??

Attached Files:

• my64.jpg
      my64.jpg
      File size:
      94.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

man thats like a nice reuinion. I was looking to get a 64 too

3. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

well??? did you buy it????cause if you didn't ,this story is well.....just a story

4. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

So are you gonna buy it?

5. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, Ya gonna buy it back?:rolleyes:

6. vintage tin

vintage tin

As hotrod linkin put it, it's probably just going to be a story. I think the price is too high, I have seen better deals on other C-10 trucks. plus not family friendly. A long roof burb, or wagon might get my attention these days.

7. Man I get busted on here for shit like this.

8. Catfiesh

Catfiesh

Your right about the sweet Autozone add ons under the hood.. haha

9. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

dang..it started out good....and to answer your queston.i've bought cars over the years sold them and bought them back .had a 55 chevy everytime i got it back i had to fix it. finally i went overseas and lost track of it..i'm glad i was tired of fixin it.

10. metalmike13

metalmike13
    from Glass City

I had a chevelle in high school, and often wondered what it would be like years down the road to see it again. The guy who bought it gave it to his 16 year old daughter and it was wrecked within a week. Then a couple years later it was on the news, wrapped around a tree in the innercity after it was used in a fatal pedestrian hit and run.

11. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

dang...did ya get your finger prints of that beast?

12. My cousin Ray Tant bought, sold, and bought back the same '59 Chevy convertible, 348 and automatic, metallic blue with white tuck and roll interior, at least 3 or 4 times before he finally lost track of it.

13. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I like the after pics better.