Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looks like I've converted to Mopar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I started out as a diehard Chevy guy but I looked at what was sitting in my shop tonight and it struck me I'm not dinking with a single Chevy. On the far right is a 95 360 Dodge Magnum slated for my 59 Plymouth. next engine to the left of it is the 318 Poly out of the Plymouth, next is a spare 354 hemi and finally the 354 hemi for the digger. I still like Chevy but I'm having fun with Mopar.

[​IMG]

2. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

M ostly
    O ld
    P ricks
    A nd
    R ednecks
    I think im a redneck. now you gotta choose haha

3. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Exceptionally Cool ! Check-out my '59 Wagon in my Albums. Golden Commando 361, 3 spd. manual, headers.

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

4. Rusty46

Rusty46

That's cool! I appreciate all kinds of old tin but been Mopar for years. I'd love to have an old school HEMI for my '41 Dodge truck but my 318 will do!

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Kerry looks also that you are very into coleman gas lamps also?

6. silverdome

silverdome

It's like a disease, once it gets in you, you can't shake it. No just kiddin', I've been a MOPAR fan for years hell that's how I grew up but there are a plenty of good things in other genres. Just learn to enjoy them all.

7. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

So does that Farmall M got a Hemi in it?:confused: Better be careful Kerry, those Kropdusters will be wanting you to cross over to join them, instead of being a Vagabond.

HellRaiser

8. jipp

jipp

iv been thinking what power train i want for the t bucket i hope to start this winter ( I live in the desert we do nothing during summer but try to stay cool. laughs ) and im 99% positive im gonna go with a good ole slant 6 ( assuming i can find the guts when im ready, the engines do not die so should be able to find one or two id hope. laughs.) should be a fun little engine for a light t bucket with a few hop up parts. never owned one but everything iv read ( and watched on youtube) so far makes me think it will be perfect for a daily driver t bucket.. yeah i want one...
    chris.

9. From IH to FED...
    Looks like you got it covered in that garage.

I'm also a diehard Chevy guy.
    Now, I have two 48 Ford F1's and a 29 Model A
    and 3 non-HAMB Chevies.

Better be careful, or I'll end up being a Blue Oval Dude.

10. hmmm-big adjustable wrench on the floor next to the digger motor,
    ain't you got no better tools to put that together with?:D

...and I suppose you use chewing gum for gaskets:rolleyes:

...Hey 'hon put the olive oil in the engine and the 10-40 on the salad:eek:

good stuff Kerry, I'm jealous.

11. I don't know a single mopar guy (or girl) who only has one.....always at least 3....myself included.

Great to see the 354's about to go back in the hole, happy to see you're getting back on that horse as such.

Cheers,

Drewfus

12. Was that red thing an H or an M?
    Clutch disc size, a little bit of fabbed steel plate, some measurements? A guy might have some fun.
    Ain't never seen twin early 427 Impala engines in a Massey Harris 44. Didn't see the donor cars in the fencerow either. I like the sound of a Perkins V8 in the morning on straight exhaust too, hard pull all day. 1805 and the 2805 too.

13. SLCK64

SLCK64

Mopar or no car!!

14. Thems fightin words! we may love those Hillbillies but we dont want to be em!

Gotta have more than one since they blow so often:D Especially under the brew Kerry is going to run;)

15. Sorry, that last sentence are fighting words:D.....I'll back brother Kerry, go Kerry go....:)

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

16. sololobo

sololobo

No disgrace here bro, love'em myself. I bounced around on one of those M's workin on the farm in the summer as a kid. Keep on keepin on man, love what you do. A good warning by Hellraiser. ~sololobo~

17. Nice collection of lanterns.

Nice hemi too!

18. M assively
    O ver
    P owered
    A t
    R earend

19. Kerry
    I have only known you for 8 years so what I am going to say probably has no bearing on the price of opiates in the Golden Triangle.

I do not ever recall seeing anything even closely resembling a Chebby in your stable Friend.

Now I am a chebby man and I don't see anything wrong with your apparent addiction to all things MOPAR well other than you have all that stuff at your place and none of it is at my place. I have got to get it together and make it out for a cup of coffee in your garage. :cool:

20. Well lesse... I'm not really into lanterns but I got a big box of 'em at a garage sale for $5 and I had some empty space on the walls. I have kinda started collecting different valve covers but only iff they're cheap. Kind of a theme with me. :) If you have any odball or single valve covers you don't want let me know.

The tractor is a Farmal M my Grandpa bought new in 1939 I think. I really don't need it but am glad I have it for the memories. I too remember doing field work and helping Grandpa with her. Hemi transplant for her???? Hmmmm. Fun to think about at least.

The digger is coming together nicely. I had never had her on the trailer with the pipes so last year when I backed it off at the KKOA deal the fenders did a number on the bottom of the pipes. I'm waiting on the pipes to come back from the powder coater, then the engine goes in. I have a plan to make the trailer tilt so that won't happen again. Not sure I'm going to have it all ready for KKOA but will for sure for the HAMB drags. Doing her and the engine swap in the wagon before it all is a lot to swallow!

Beener, I'm not going to comment on my past life as a Camaro guy. Yeah, I'd like to have one again. Do come on down and visit some time! The invite stands for all of you! Just give me some heads up to make sure I'm not busy with something.

Relax Trent, I'm a Vagabond, tried and true!!! Maybe a bit of redneck too but you're stuck with me!

21. Better Mopar than chebbie, I'm thinking. You'll be alright man, it gonna be OK!

22. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

The tractor is a Farmal M my Grandpa bought new in 1939 I think. I really don't need it but am glad I have it for the memories. I too remember doing field work and helping Grandpa with her. Hemi transplant for her???? Hmmmm. Fun to think about at least.

Kerry, I just happen to know, that a "FORD" 289 from a Mustang with the automatic will fit in a Farmall M just fine. I've still got it at in my sisters barn over in Illinois. Got the wide front end on it. A cozy cab. Looks good. Goes like a bat out of Hell if you got the Gonads to go that fast with it. Needs tires now. (Ouch, they are expensive)

How about a new name for you...The Sodbuster, Kropduster, Vagabond who drives at night by the light of a lantern?:cool::D

Just get you some decals made up of all those and put them on the side of your digger, instead of putting a Mobil oil flying Pegasus, or a STP sicker on the sides. You'd look good with a jacket with some patches made up too.
    HellRaiser

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  23. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

Sweet! Mopar is kind of in my blood. My dads' diehard mopar. I'm also a diehard Farmal fan and that Farmall M in the background....ugh!:eek:

24. I need a tractor, with a big mower for the ranch.

25. That's one of the problems with the M, it doesn't have a live PTO. I've given some thought to an additional hydraulic pump that would drive a hydraulic motor. Regardless, she does come in handy.

Beener, that name is way to complicated for the likes of me!

26. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

To mow the rocks up there?:rolleyes:

HellRaiser

27. 53 hemi

53 hemi

Move
    Over
    People
    Are
    Racing

All the way...

28. 49tandc

49tandc

Welcome to the dark side...

49T&C
    (4 Mopes)

29. RodStRace

RodStRace

I have plenty of smart-ass in-fighting remarks, but really we are all car guys n gals, so whatever you dig out, clean up, make run and enjoy, I support that!
    Check out allpar for some history so you can keep up with sur-grips, A833s, juice brakes since the 30s, IFS too.

30. No, the 5 foot tall prairie grass!