Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking SwayBar Pics on Leafspring Set Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Torpedo, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Torpedo

Torpedo

I am looking for some input/advice and pictures for a swaybar set up on a leaf spring suspension. On my 49 Pontaic I have a TCI rear leaf kit, 4" lowering blocks and a ford 9". I would like to know where you install the brackets on both the frame and rear end housing for the swaybar...

Attached Files:

2. RacerRick

RacerRick

Just look up 2nd gen camaro Z28's. They all have a rear sway bar and leaf springs.

The sway bar is also probably the right width for your rearend since the camaro rear is a common swap into a car like yours.

3. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

4. Searcher

Searcher

See those extra holes in the plate where your U bolts mount = sway bar mounting points.

5. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

6. Searcher

Searcher

Example pic :
    [​IMG]

7. gas pumper

gas pumper

I used a kit from Chassis eng. similar to the 1040-R on my 54 Chevy w/ nova rear. I think your Pontiac would be very similar.

Uses u bolts around the axle tube and the links go up to brackets you mount on the frame.

Kinda ugly but it's very functional. You can't see it tho unless you crawl under there, so looks ain't that important.