Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for underslung tips, besides not to do it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Neverdunn 51, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Neverdunn 51

Neverdunn 51
    from Flint, MI

I've used the search function quite a bit and am pretty sure I've found just about every underslung thread on here, but besides the token advice not to build one, actual technical info is pretty scarce.

Anyway, I'm really leaning towards running an underslung front suspension instead of Z'ing my frame, and was wondering if I'd missed a thread somewhere where there may be actual lessons to be learned from someone else's trials and error - or if it's a deal where every underslunger "grips it and rips it", and reinvents the wheel - as needed for his application.

Any rules of thumb? Tech info? Lessons?

Thanks,
    John

2. lc1963

lc1963
    from iowa

3. What kind of chassis are you using?

4. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

5. skwurl

skwurl

you could raise the spring perch to get the desired height. My car is about as low as I would want one. The frame is not z'd in the front. I'm not saying don't do it but there are other ways.

6. Neverdunn 51

Neverdunn 51
    from Flint, MI

1 ton truck frame with a 60s 6 lug front straight axle setup, complete from hub to hub.

I really only want to undersling the front.

7. John,
    About the time you joined there were a couple of fellas building underslung chassis, they posted build threads as well as there being a lot of discussion on the dos and don'ts. I don't know how to find a thread that old. maybe one of the fellas that did it is still on and can shoot you a link.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

WTF? sounds like the center spread for ol skool rods. you are on the wrong site.