Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Looking for Transporter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by da34guy, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Looking to transport a 32 5 window from Calif to Oklahoma.
    I've sent Rick (Racinman) an email.
    Who else here do you guys recommend.
    Reliable is 4/5 weeks out.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanx
    Don

2. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

I use only Intercity Lines, the best in the business and you always get what you pay for. Some cheaper but non better.

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

does it run & drive? sounds like a good road trip

4. I doubt that!

I only us Hambers.,Racinman,BenD & Bills are my go to guys. HRP

da34guy likes this.

5. Thanks HRP! I cannot help the OP at this time as I already have two waiting on the west coast coming back east.
    Perhaps BenD might have a spot. Between Racinman, BenD & Myself, we are always booked well in advance.
    I always say if someone is begging to transport or sitting on his couch waiting for you to call....That should raise red flags!
    Bill Squires(owner)
    Bill's Auto Works

da34guy likes this.
  6. Thanx Bill, got and email into BenD and Rick

7. $2800, they're smokin the wrong stuff, Don't mind pay but that is stoooopid

8. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Never been charged more than $2k from coast to coast. Sorry

9. Don, the reason they want so much is they have lots of vehicles going coast to coast, so they don't want to stop & drop & then have to find something else to get the rest of the way to the east coast.

Intercity isn't even the best of the big carriers & none of them can hold a candle to the personalized service of one of the Hamb guys.

If I did have a spot (which I don't) ball park L.A. to OKC, open trailer a hair more than half what they quoted you. Enclosed trailer still just under $2K

As for 2K coast to coast, I would never pay that much for a 6-9 car hauler, but do 6-10 per year over
    $3K in my single car enclosed.

Bill

10. Thanx Bill. Have had many shipped in the past and 900 to 1400 is what I usually pay. Got 1 last week (39 Convert from the bay area to here for 950) on a 3 car hauler , open

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  11. Gman0046

Gman0046

Don, business must be good out there. Hope your doing well.

Gary

12. 2017 32 5 winder side.jpg 2017 61 bubble 1.jpg
    7 so far this year Gary, got 2 comin from California

13. Thanx for all the help guys, found a guy out in California with enclosed trailer who was coming back to OKC empty. OKC is only 1 hr from me. He's pickin it up Friday, will be here no later than Tuesday. All worked out well

Bill's Auto Works likes this.