Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for someone who can pull off some panel forming for me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56vicky430, Nov 16, 2008.

1. 56vicky430

56vicky430
    from Kentucky

I need someone who can make a repair panel for the trunk of my 56 Ford car. I can cut a decent pattern out of what I need out of my parts car but that too has rust...not as bad as the car I'm fixing but still bad enuff...Who does stuff like this? Since this is the only panel I need like this and since it's the only one I need that is not supplied by the aftermarket, I don't want to go out and buy a bunch of stuff to make it myself....

2. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

What panel did you need???? can you post a picture?

3. 56vicky430

56vicky430
    from Kentucky

It's a panel that is actually part of the trunk floor . Hard to explain but I have plans to strip off the outside panel off of the parts car. I have an brand new outside panel. It's this friggin inside part that I need. Basically if anyone who has skills and machinery to do stretching and shrinking and a metal break...might be able to pull it off. Once I get a picture of the pattern, I will post it.

4. duste01

duste01

Here are some terms you could use in reference.
    rear floor
    rear floor extension <---- this is probably the most rusted out part on every car
    wheel house inner . . . short of the wheel well opening.
    wheel house outer
    gusset
    reinforcement
    quarterpanel
    lowerback

5. redhumphries

redhumphries

I just made one for a 55 ford conv. It doesn't look factory because we tubbed the car but if the one in your parts car is good can't you just use it. Send me an email and I will send you pictures of the 55 for some reason I can't add photos here I don't know why RED

6. Flop

Flop

probably be able to help ya out makin sumthin. post up some pics ill see if i can help ya. pattern has to be pretty close because i cant check the fit while im making it .

7. redhumphries

redhumphries

[​IMG]
    finally got this to work this is the panel you need isn't it. RED

8. bikersteve

bikersteve

If you can post a pic or drawing with measurements, might be able to help

9. duste01

duste01

I'm curious to see what panel it is now.

10. 56vicky430

56vicky430
    from Kentucky

OK, That looks like it Red...I don't need that much of it though. When it flattens out to be the trunk floor, a couple inches toward the front of the car is about all I really need. It's mainly where the outside and inside (what you are showing) panel are sandwiched together.

11. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

waldon speed shop in pamona,ca. can do anything.

-danny

12. redhumphries

redhumphries

bad thing is I threw this one away after I removed it When you take the outer panel off the parts car you may find what you need never can tell. If you go to metalmeet.com there is alot of guys that llive in KY that may be able to help. I could do it here but it would be costlly to ship large box and would have to be packed so no damage. If you need me just let me know I'll see what I can do RED

13. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

should'nt be too big of a deal to do. i'm sure i could pull it off if i had a sample to work from. might also be helpful to have the car to fit the panel to so you might realy want to find someone close to you.