Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for racing History on this 1932 Ford 3 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sledge, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Sorry guys, life sort of got in the way for a while but Im finally back on the Johns coupe. I've been patching the wheel wells, knocking out dents on the doors and quarters, and started fixing the roof. After I cut out the bad parts on the roof I ended up cutting a quarter inch out of the front posts. It's not really noticeable but that really evened out the top and made it look right. The door tops still need major work but it's getting closer!

[​IMG]
    Cutting out the nasty bits
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. brady1929

brady1929

Great work Kevan

3. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Thanks Brady. Now that it's back up on the rails it's starting to look more like the early version of itself. John has decided to keep the full length rails and gas tank out back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JoeyP.

JoeyP.

Great metal work, looks like it's coming along nicely.

5. My friend is going through this right now..picked up a 31 coupe that was built by local guy who everyone thought was a rod building master back in the late 1950's..car was in storage since the late 60's..

My friend Roger always liked the car and remembered it when he was just getting into cars back in the 50's. One of those cars that looked good until you took it apart.

The work was rough to say the least..as bad as this one or worse..body was cocked/twisted at an angle by 3/4 of an inch-one side of the firewall sat higher than the other, pulled the interior and was absolutely horrified at the channel job-one of the worst jobs they have ever seen.. and the amount of rust the car had before it was rodded-roof was rotted out and just patched up.

40-50% of the sheetmetal is going to be replaced on the car...and they are trying to save every bit of it they can..

Not all craftmanship was good in the "good old 50's"

6. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

cool build, can't wait for more!

7. Really glad to hear your putting hands on it again,Kevan. Don't see too many Hotrods that catch my interest as much as this one. I'll own a Hotrod again someday....hint JustplainJ!

8. Now this is just one bad ass cool old hot rod that is well deserving to be rebuilt the right way......I think it is in good hands now and can't wait to see the end of this story.

9. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

10. Ed Wrath

Ed Wrath

Kevan, you're doing a very fine job. Great to see you at the weekend, Duncan

11. bondolero

bondolero

Kevan,
    You are doing an amazing job bringing that couple back to a preserved state. I've seen dirt track bodies that weren't as bad as that.

12. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

choppedcoupe.gif choppedcoupe.gif Kevan, how about an update Bud? I loved this coupe and tried to buy it from John at the GNRS right after he got it. Glad to see the history is out on it. I feel the chop is the DNA of an old Hot Rod, no two were exactly the same.