Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for input on a 1954 Chrysler Windsor 6 Deluxe Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by studemisfit, Aug 29, 2010.

1. studemisfit

studemisfit

I might be trading a HD sporty bobber i have laying around for a solid project 54 Chrysler. I did a little searching but have not found much info. Its the flat head six and a auto(assume by what i found the powerflite) I am just looking on what to look for as far as possible trouble spots that are not easy to fix or find replacements for the budgeted minded home wrench. It would be my first 50's car so every i that aspect is new to me as i have only owned early 60's stuff before and now. even if you can just shot me in the right direction of other websites to check out would be great. thanks, vic

2. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Vic,

I'm no help on this one, but I'll atleast acknowledge thread ....good luck!

3. studemisfit

studemisfit

evening bump. somebody?

4. George

George

"jxnslotcar" is doing a '54 Chrysler. Are you staying with the flathead or thinking V8? Early Chr Hemis work or 318/360s from a Van or pick up.

5. studemisfit

studemisfit

if i get the car and the engine checks out fairly health then was going to stick with the six. look in to the split manifolds. got pic's and it has old body work that needs addressing in the rear rocker area, floors to but the floors don't bother me. i love 4 doors and have been wanting a 50's car for the last ten years but have yet to find one that looks like it could be a somewhat rolling/driving project. ill look up "jxnslotcar" and see if he has a build post or something. thanks, vic

6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

The stock engine that car is a 265 cu in six and is pretty durable. the tranny is a powerflite.......could be swapped for and early torqueflite (3 Spd), though that really isn't necessary for a driver. Edmunds made aluminum multicarb manifolds for them.

Good luck with it!

Ray

7. nada

nada
    from prescott

I'm workin on my 54.Got a buddy teaching me everything.I'm sure I'm not much help but I will let you know what problems I run into.I really like this car!

8. mackster

mackster

The P15-D24 forum specializes in 50s mopars...you can check out alot of info all about flathead sixes and i think you will like it there!:)

9. Squablow

Squablow

What is this Harley worth? Because a 6 cyl '54 Chrysler 4 door that needs bodywork and floor work is like an $800 car at best, unless it has exceptional chrome, interior, or is fully 100% roadworthy.

Post some pics of both, you might be getting into a really one-sided deal.