Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Looking for hydraulic clutch linkage, see picture.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, Mar 8, 2016.

1. I'm looking for a source of something like the pedal linkage in the picture. Without buying a $250 kit. I already have the Wilwood master, slave, hose, etc. Something from the junkyard would be fine. The clutch is bled, no bind in the linkage, just very hard pedal pressure. I did move the clevis mounting point down a little so it would be inline with the master. Maybe a simple dog-leg piece would work, something to attach to the original mounting point on the pedal. Also look at the picture of what I have now. Thanks!
    link-2.jpg clutch-rod.jpg

2. no55mad

no55mad

Could your clutch fork be too short - if you have enough slave cyl travel, maybe a longer fork arm would give better leverage/mechanical advantage.

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Is it feasible to shorten the brake pedal arm above the pushrod, moving the pedal pivot closer to the pushrod and improving the pedal ratio?

I do agree with no55mad's thought about checking fork length as a way to accomplish improved leverage......just offering an alternative if that doesn't work out space wise.

Ray

4. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Just 1 more reason I like mech. clutch linkage.....
    dave

5. I can move the rod over on the fork. This is a Chevy truck cast iron fork. I'll have to space the slave off the bell housing, not a problem. I have good motion at the arm but still have to adjust the pedal stop under the dash. I have a good inve$tment into the dealie right now, not ready to give up on it yet.

I'll also look at the pedal ratio, forget how much I moved it down to where it is now. Thanks guys! I'll get back into it over the weekend.

6. Anyway, I now have a clutch pedal that works so well, I can push it by hand and have good motion at the fork. Pulled an almost all-nighter last night.

Things done: Bought rod ends (in 1st post above) at a local speed shop. Made up a link arm from mild steel (.380 thick). Moved the pivot point up to the stock position level on the arm. Located a fixed clevis (Speedway item) below the clutch master. Fabricated a 6061-T6 aluminum offset clevis to attach the clutch master rod to the link. This will be re-made in steel.
    Things to do: Make sure the clutch releases and engages smoothly. I can still move the slave over on the fork if I need more travel.

7. 36brothers

36brothers

Things to do: Pictures? :)

8. I'll take some later if I dive into it, it has to come apart one more time. CAD drawings are being created for the parts.