Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Looking for Embossed Aluminum foil sheet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by UNSHINED 2, Jan 23, 2017.

1. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Does anyone know a place to source any kinds of embossed aluminum foil like the silver area on this 59 Fairlane door panel. I can find reproduction door panels, but I just want the foil. My door panels are cashed, but I don't want a complete stock look. If not, anyone have sources for any atomic age type foils fitting in to the late 50's early 60's period? download.jpg

2. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

H'pot or Lowe's has some but don't remember the size..

3. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Restoration Supply Company had some embossed aluminum sheets. You could also try McMaster Carr as well.
    Hope this helps.

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

5. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

6. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

7. RODIST

RODIST

For what it's worth,...Point of purchase" Display " company's , i.e. Eyeglass & Jewelry displays Ect., Use decorative alu in a variety of finishes on their displays.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. alchemy

alchemy

Google embossed metal. Lots of different places selling many different patterns. You pic is too small for me to see your exact pattern.

9. Here's where you want to shop. If they don't have it, it probably can't be found when it comes to O.E.M. Upholstery material.
    www.smsautofabrics.com
    The Wizzard

Max Gearhead likes this.
  10. Odd, for some reason you can't just click on the address you must copy and paste on your browser. This is restoration heaven for correct fabric and related products.
    The Wizzard

11. As long as you have lots of time to wait for it. They have a notorious reputation for their lack of customer service when you order stuff.

12. It's funny, I was talking to a local upholstery guy about this and he said most types are still available. It's aluminized plastic, not metal, by the way and is usually glued on.

Some stuff turned up on a web search... http://www.decorativeplasticsheets.com/ or just try 'decorative aluminized plastic'.

13. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Thanks for the replys.

First, I have been searching the Web for about a week on this and most of the embossed aluminum place want a large order. At least from what I have found.

I had found the material about a year ago thru Sms Fabrics website. But the website seems to have changed since and all I can find through them is the complete door panels. I guess I could try calling them.

I found out the hard way exactly what you are saying about it being glued on. But I didn't realize it was plastic. I'll have to check that out when I get home.

Sorry about the pic. I'm doing this on my cell so I can't really tell what the pics look like.