Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods looking for EDM broken tap & stud removal shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D.N.D., Jun 1, 2016.

1. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

I'am looking for a EDM shop that takes out broken studs & taps with the EDM machine, located in the San Fernando Valley

DND

2. I am sure you will be able to find something closer but I use Jerry's in Santa Ana, 714 836-6824.

Charlie Stephens

3. Yep, Jerry's Tap and Die Removal in Santa Ana!

4. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Guys I called Jerry hoping he had some pick up thing going but does not

My mill vise base would be pretty costly to ship 50 miles and back, that is why i'am trying to find a shop here in the Valley

Cant travel anymore myself so need to get a near by shop for a friend to drop it off

Tricking up my 30 yr old Mill vise and want to take off the Kurt name tag but it is held on with very hard steel twist rivets, and put it back on after new gloss black paint and some pinstiping

DND

5. BJR

BJR

Why not mask it off for painting?

6. Can't speak from experience, but this "Rescue Bit" is shown cutting its way through grade 8 bolts and broken stud extractors.

7. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

BJR

The label is pretty thin [ .030 ] alum and with primer and paint it would not be to clean looking I think, so if I can get it off it will be a lot cleaner win done

Clay Mart

I have tried carbide burrs in the past and they try to grab, then the name tag would look pretty grim might just get it off and leave it off

Some times its hard to have it all, so if no label so be it as it will look a ton better than the way it is now

DND