Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for a tech...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Marten, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Marten

Marten

and yes I know I must use the search tool, but came up with 'nothing', I think I can't describe a good search form???

Looking for a tech to install 1956 Oldsmobile headlights on a 52 Chevrolet
    also photo's will handy, already got a couple, but you never can have enough

Thankss

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  2. OldKustoms

OldKustoms

3. jerseymike

jerseymike

don't know about any here but oz kustoms did a tech article on installing '56 olds headlights in rod & kulture illustrated issue#23 fall 2010.

4. Marten

Marten

No techs on the Hamb???

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I haven't seen one but it hasn't been something that I was interested in. I think that several of the "Classic Chevy" vendors have the front section of the 56 fender as a patch panel and then you can get the headlight door as a reproduction or used.

This is the page for Ecklers but I'd suggest checking out several vendors to see what they offered. And to see what their policy for shipping to you would be. Some just want freight costs and some add extra costs.
    http://www.classicchevy.com/exterior-parts-and-trim/body-parts/fender.html

More on this page http://www.danchuk.com/Danchuk1.aspx?Category=2f501606-3b66-4b58-b87a-f4877b304de0

Work wise it should be about like most other head light door or frenching modifications. Fit the pieces so that they are lined up right and then you will most likely have to make filler panels to blend in the eyebrow to the fender.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  6. Marten

Marten

Now I see whats wrong, forgot to mentioned Olsmobile!Got a pair of fenders with headlights, was just looking for a tech.
    So I can see how others have done it, or a couple of photos to see how it will look. 1956 Oldsmobile headlights installed on a 1952 Chevrolet.....sorry for mixed up

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  7. Marten

Marten

..Anyone got an tech or photos please???

8. I posted this install of 56 Olds h/lamps into a 48 Buick. It should be very similar. I made all of the metal from scratch . If your using donor sections from an original 56 you greatest challenge will be positioning the cuts for proper fit and flow.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347095

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

That was some awsome work you did there.

10. Marten

Marten