Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for a Sand Blasting Service in/near Vancouver BC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Model A Fan, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Model A Fan

Model A Fan

I'm looking for a decent sandblasting company in or near the Vancouver metro/lower BC west of Abbotsford area. I'm just south of the border and would prefer to find someone good even if I have to go north for it. Any recommendations on a good place would be greatly appreciated. I have a 1930-31 Roadster body. I'm going to have to weld patch panels in after it is blasted, any recommendations of that would be helpful as well. I watched some videos on "stitch welding" and that looks pretty straight forward.

2. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Too bad you are maybe a little far away for Kamloops. Kavips Sandblasting up here is nothing but great. has done a bunch of work for me and really looks after the job. anything older that's a little thinner he uses softer stuff etc, just good service and doesnt charge much at all! if you get desperate, he would be worth the drive

3. Model A Fan

Model A Fan

Yeah, Kamloops is a little far for me unfortunately. I think its about three or so hours away. What would some instructions be that I should give the sandblasting place so that they don't warp my roadster's thin sheet metal?

4. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Any good blaster should have lots of different blasting media at his disposal. Finer material for lighter blasting etc. If you are worried that the sheet is a little on the soft side you could look into soda blasting. I have never done it but I understand it's the way to go if the material is thin.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Go see the guys at the old car centre or hot rods and classics in chilliwack they would know someone for sure.

6. Model A Fan

Model A Fan

I'm thinking I might get it dipped in the acid stuff if I can find someone in the area?

7. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Falcon George would help.....

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

He's no longer around here.

9. I don't know anyone around here that I would really trust to blast on sheetmetal; but you might give Steve a call at Hunnicutt's Inc. I know he's done some of his own stuff over the years...

10. uncle buck

uncle buck

If you are in Bellingham, why not give Jason at Alternative Blasters a call in Marysville? No border crossings and they do great work.

11. Eh-Bone

Eh-Bone

Give this guy a ring... He's the newer owner spoke with him a bit ago about doing some of my stuff. Just need to get it all ready to go there, I told him I'd want to talk to some of his past customers for reference so I know I'm not getting things back that are wavy like an ocean, he said that wouldn't be a problem... Good luck! image.jpg

12. bct

bct

13. 4barrel

4barrel

Sureblast LTD

628 Kebet Way #500, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 5W9
    778-285-3205

Have done a couple of my buddy's cars

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

http://ublast.ca/ Try giving these guys a call was pleased with what they did for me