Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for a lost Chopped 1929 Model a 2 Dr sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jeep-joint, Oct 6, 2012.

1. jeep-joint

jeep-joint

I'm looking for an old car I owned part of in about 1963-1964. I'll try keep this short if I can. In about 1962 a friend and I had a chopped 1929 Model A 2 Dr sedan. The car had a solid mounted rear-end. Two steel blocks were mounted to the frame and the blocks had tapered bores that clamped around the axle housing.

My friend and I both went away to school and while we were gone, the car was sold sometime around 1964-1965.

I was at a car show today in Coffeyville and a man approached me and mentioned that he remembered my name and had owned the car in the mid sixties. He can't remember who he sold the car to and that is my reason for writing.

Here's the summary: The car was sold in Coffeyville, Kansas in the mid sixties by a man named Sam Privet. The body at that time was very straight and solid with full fenders. The windshield was about 6-7 inches high. The top had been filled in with metal sheet. The car was in grey primer.

I know it is a long shot, but if anyone knows about the car and where it might have been for the last fifty years I would sure like to find it.

Thanks for your time.
    Larry Traxson
    620-515-3094.

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Another long shot, but in the late seventies, Street Rodder did an article on a '29 sedan that was chopped hard and had no rear suspension. I remember the line "thousands of Harley hard tail owners can't be wrong". It had to have been sometime in '79 or so when they were going through some issues with finances and I think Bud Lang was at the helm. I do remember it being form the mid west. Even if I can dig it up, might not help much, but it might help establish a trail of ownership...

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I grabbed my stack of '79 and didn't see it. I am missing Jan., May, And July from my stack but they are around some where. I'll look again when I have some more time.

4. jeep-joint

jeep-joint

I appreciate your efforts. I'll go back to the guy I talked to today and see if he can remember anything else.