Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for a "everything you need to know" about a Flathead book

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ken Carvalho, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

A while back there was someone asking a series of questions about their Flathead and within everyones answers, a person listed a book that was suggested he purchase that would really help him out. In addition sevel people did their x'2 and x'3 recommendations, and while I can remember all this I can't for the life of me remember the title of the book.
    I searched several ways and came up empty?
    So I am looking for suggestions of what that Flathead bible is?
    I realize there are a Lot of books on the subject, but with the amount of recommendations that one got I would like to get it. Thanks.

2. customrod48

customrod48

there are as many books as there are flatheads, but here's my 2 cents worth..."Flathead Fever" by Mike Davidson and " "Ford Flathead V-8 Builders handbook 1932-1953" by Frank Oddo. Frank has many books out I beleive. These two give a very good over-view with great tips as well. Good luck.

3. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Depends. . . do you want top know how to rebuild and identify parts on your stock motor? or are you looking for race motor info?

This is a good place to start:

[​IMG]

. . . and if you prefer watching over reading:

[​IMG]

4. Ole don

Ole don

Go up and re-read response number 2. Both of those writters have built and raced flatheads. I have seen them both on the salt. Both books are very good.