Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for 32 ford lakes/modified pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lrs30, Feb 6, 2014.

1. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Ok so after some horse trading and and lots of dead presidents trading hands:D, I ended up with a glass 32 RPU/modified body channeled on an A frame.. Yhea I know A frame, whatever, it's channeled and looks pretty good. My question is I have searched and have not found many 32 modifieds.. So I was hoping somebody had a stash of pics hiding somewhere or some shit like that. I did run acrossed one link on here of one, but that really was the only one.. So is it such a bastard child that not many guys did it, or is it too fucking ugly that a momma wouldn't kiss it goodnight. Or should I stretch the frame a smidge and find/make some bed sides and call it a day.... So let's see some 32 lakester mods, try to sway me to the darkside instead of a RPU.... CAN YA DO IT?

2. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1391739409.356307.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1391739423.280284.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1391739439.362363.jpg

Here are some shitty pics it's a frozen tundra out there I will
    Try to get a better profile pic soon. It has a small
    Bed on it now but it's o poor quality so a new one will
    Need to be built if I go that way. What is a good wheel base to shoot for on a rpu to make it look right and not squashe or stretched cartoonish? Or should I leave the small wheel base and run it modified style?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

something like this??

Attached Files:

4. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Yes sir, I think that's the one that had a wright up on here a few years back if I am thinking correct, and was it not your car?... But that's the only one that comes to mind? So my question is why? I think they look good? Is it that fact that original 32's cost to Much to butcher? I know that shadow rods built or still builds bodies, plus all the glass bodies you would think there would be out there.. Or am I just stupid and over looking 32 modifieds?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014

5. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

So I guess that makes one!

6. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Just you and me !!! I'll sell you mine, then it'll only be you!! LOL Dale

7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Wasn't 32 the last year for RPUs? I'd hazard a guess they were not getting any more popular, compared to the comfort of closed cabs and that production wasn't all that much. Anyone know? Gary

8. Historically, a 32 modified would be an oxymoron. The point of modifieds was to achieve a minimalist body, not a bigger one, which is why they were usually based on the smallest available bodies, i.e. T's. And they shortened and narrowed them too!

All that means I don't think you're going to find many, if any original ones.

9. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I understand the theory of a modified, and it's reason, but that never really stopped anybody before, or now.... Just curious, I will probably keep it a channeled RPU, but thought I would take a look see to see what's out there for ideas....

10. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Don't forget this one and yes it's the little brother of Dale's. Just stuck in a rut I guess, I'm collecting parts to do a 3rd. one but won't be a real roadster cowl this time.

Attached Files: