Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for '28 essex pictures/info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by quickrod, Nov 9, 2003.

1. quickrod

quickrod

Was wondering if anyone had any info or pictures of a '28 essex body,found on in an add but heard they were big as a boat true/false? i figure hell,the ss minnow was huge and gilligan got ginger to go for a ride,so what the hell can't hurt to look into it right?...im out..QUICKROD

2. Justin B

Justin B

don't have pictures but my dads got a 2dr sedan its about the same size as a model a maybe a tad wider but the wheel base is close to the same in stock form

3. Ratster has a '27 former coupe turned roadster. Looks to be a bit wider that a Model A but it isn't huge or anything.

Maybe he can post a pic or two with his POS camera. [​IMG]

JH

4. ratster

ratster

Here's a link to some picture's of mine. Not sure on how to post picture's from Star Photo.

http://photo.starblvd.net/Greazy_Hubcapz?st=album&pg=13

[ QUOTE ]
    Ratster has a '27 former coupe turned roadster. Looks to be a bit wider that a Model A but it isn't huge or anything.

Maybe he can post a pic or two with his POS camera. [​IMG]

JH

[/ QUOTE ]

5. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Hey ratster what did you use for a frame under the Essex? I assume it was a coupe that you made into a roadster.

6. ratster

ratster

I wish I could take credit, the frame was under it when I bought it. it had a mustang II under it and I put the drop axle under it. The front part of the frame is home made by me, the rest of it kind of look's like an Essex frame. Yeah, it was a coupe.

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey ratster what did you use for a frame under the Essex? I assume it was a coupe that you made into a roadster.

[/ QUOTE ]

7. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

the guy down the street from me has a 27 with a 340 in it...not finished,but a rad car...if i see him i'll get some more info

8. quickrod

quickrod

THE ADD SAYS,"'28 ESSEX SUICIDE 2 DOOR BODY,TOP CUT SINCE PICTURE"I TALK TO THE GUY THAT OWNS IT HE SAYS SOMEBODY STARTED TO CUT THE TOP TO MAKE A TOURING CAR BUT GAVE UP,CLAIMS HE STILL HAS ALL THE PIECES THOUGH.PROBABLY CALL HIM AND SEE IF HE CAN SEND SOME BETTER PICTURES.IT DEFINETLYLOOKS MORE LIKE A SEDAN TO ME THAN A COUPE THOUGH.STILL,IT LOOKS LIKE ITS IN DECENT SHAPE IN THE PICTURE AND WE ALL KNOW PICTURES NEVER LIE{YEEEEAAAA RRRRRRIGHT!!!!}...IM OUT...QUICKROD

9. TINGLER

TINGLER

Here are a couple of pics of Ratster's ride....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JT.

10. Zodoff

Zodoff

They are not so big,many similarities to the A`s in size. The frames were often used on the salt racers,back in the old days.But its not so hard to put it on an A frame either,I guess,and channel the shit out of it same time... [​IMG]

11. Reverendcolin

Reverendcolin

12. Cword

Cword

'27 Essex Sedan
    [​IMG]

13. Justin B

Justin B

got pictures of my dads it's a 27 or 28 not exatlly sure when he first got it was registered as a 33 but we know thats wrong

Attached Files:

14. I have a whole bunch of pics here of a 32 Cabriolet that a friend of mine had for sale a while ago. pm me with your email address if you want them.

15. quickrod

quickrod

WOW HAMBER'S, THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS,GOT A BETTER IDEA ON WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE NOW FOR SURE. TALKED TO THE GUY WHO OWNS THE BODY AGAIN TODAY,HE'S SENDING SOME BETTER PICTURES TO ME IN THE MAIL{DOESN'T HAVE E-MAIL}SHOULD HOPEFULLY GET EM IN A COUPLE OF DAYS,IF IT LOOKS GOOD,CURLY AND I ARE ROAD TRIPPIN....AGAIN!....IM OUT,THANKS AGAIN,QUICKROD [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Hey I havce a 28 essex sedan and yeah its mor or less the same proportions as a A and the frames are susposed to take C-4/5 suspension like it was made for them (I haven't tried it myself since I'm not going that route. All 4 doors are suicide though which are cool. You should go to www.hetclub.org thats the offical Hudson-Essex-Terraplane club of which I am a member to find out more info! [​IMG]