Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking at a 32 Coupe, could use some advise. . ,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone GT, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

I'm looking at a 32 coupe this Friday and need some advise. Here's the particulars in the ad:

New glass body, new frame, chrome super bell front, 9" rear 3.70 gear coil overs, 4 wheel disks,302 ford, 2x4`s holleys, solid cam, rebuilt 4 speed, chrome wheels, 1941 caps , cheater slicks, all wiring done everything works gas gauge ect,needs paint, interior and the door glass put in have the parts. you finish your way . drive where ever you want i have put 3500 miles on it in the last 3 months . good ohio 32 title

I've talked with the owner and here's what more:

Body has no primer. other than spots where fit was adjusted, both door glass are broke, doors were not adjusted right, glass cracked when doors were closed. All regulators and electric motors for door windows are included, need installed. Has refinished 65 Mustang buckets. Toploader was rebuilt, is a rare 25 spline, only available 1/2 year in 1965. Headliner is fiberglass, needs vinyl glued on. Engine has been balanced and blueprinted (people throw this around allot), Aluminum heads.

The 64 thousand dollar question, is this project in the $20,000 range, and does anything stick out (except my ass) that I should be concerned about?

Anyone in the Hagerstown, IN area that could assist me with an inspection?

Here's some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

2. You could not build it for that . If your mechanical, this could be a fun project ! If you are tight on cash and have kids........pass.

3. graythirtyford

graythirtyford

I would say the guy spent around 16-18k on the body and "rolling chassis" alone..........then factor in motor, trans, glass, wiring, gauges, etc, etc.......20k is probably what he has in it.......I would say it is a fair price.........my 0.2 cents

4. Sounds like its not steeled out very well if the glass broke when the door closed.
    Replace the firewall and it would look much better.

5. Find out what company built the body,,there are some really nice glass body's out there,,and there are some poorly constructed one also. HRP

6. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

no steel body=no way

7. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

Bitchin Glass Bodies, Georgia

8. ratrod0

ratrod0

that body and frame is in the $10,000 range. they came from winder GA. if that helps

9. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The coupe just screams FIBERGLASS ...

[​IMG]

With the ugly firewall and the glued in windshield.

The chassis is available on eBay now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1932...3?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e5f825517#v4-38

[​IMG]

They sell the body also ...

[​IMG]

The body is one of the cheaper made 3W coupe bodies IMHO. You most likely could not build the coupe to where it is for 20 grand ... :) but ... it is a lower end $$$ chassis and body.

10. You can probably go over the firewall with a brookville one most likely. Search for Hot turkey's thread for ideas. Many people have rigged up a swing out windshield as well. You can "de-glass" it if you work at it.

11. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

I think for what it is is WAY high priced. I would suggest finding a better quality body to start with.

I just sold the 32 in my Avitar and got 30k for it when it cost 90k to build.
    You can find a much better car for 20k in todays $$. Everything about it looks cheap to me.
    No such thing as a 25 spline toploader

Whats the story on the 66 Cyclone in your Avitar?

12. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

13. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

http://web.me.com/jimdailey/66_Cyclone_GT/index.html

I appreciate all the responses and after sleeping on it last night, think I'll pass on this one. Having been lurking in the classified section!

14. uncle buck

uncle buck

The 25 spline is refering to the output shaft and was made in the early Falcon / Mustang trans. While it is less common, it is not desirable either. They were normally on narrow bolt pattern cases that will only bolt up to a 5 bolt 1964 - very early 65 and older block.

15. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

I have seen the car and actually was interested in the roller before he got it running.
    There is signficantly more money spent than what he is asking and it does have a title. Don`t forget the labor necessary to get it to this stage either. It sounds good, has multiple carb FORD power and is a stick. All plusses when buying a hot rod. The chassis is finished very nice with just enough chrome to set it off.

That being said, the market is down and really affects the`glass cars more than steel. Right now your money buys more car than it has in five years so look around and make sure you are willing to finish what`s started and will be happy with it once it`s completed.

16. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

Sent you a PM!

17. ganga

ganga

Good decision.....