Register now to get rid of these ads!

lookin for pictures of a custom 55 plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fifty5C-Gas, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

please post if you have any...thanks,mike

2. luckystiff

luckystiff

got a few pics, but not here at work. you can see pics of mine in a couple weeks to a month when i finish the paint. hopefully i'll spray the roof next week or so. it's a more door belvedere that's gonna be done sorta watson style with supremes and skinny whites. vw cyber green with flake and some other undetermined green as of now with microflake. cool cars i'm having fun with this one so far. i just picked it up a couple weeks ago. do a search under 55 plymouth on here and you should find some photoshop work some people did for me. there is a nice one on ebay right now by the way...ken....

3. Lowlife

Lowlife
    from MO. USA

I've seen a '55 pic,just haven't found it yet. Here's a '56 with mild mods to wet your whistle.Caption said Feb.'58 R&C had 8 car Plymouth Pictorial.Maybe a HAMBer has that issue.

Attached Files:

4. daddylama

daddylama

ive gotta '55 belvedere 2 door post mild custom (shaved, nosed, decked, dumped)... got some go-fast kinda stuff goin on with it, too... had it for a few years now...

any kinda pics in particular you're lookin for?

5. DrJ

DrJ

That car was "custom" when it came off the assembly line.
    This is what I'd do, and it's been my plan since my 6th grade school teacher had a red & black 2 dr ht '55 in '59.
    Just nose & deck it and shave the door handles, lower it 2-3", paint it two-tone with the metalflake on the roof and cruise. O, and put '57 Plymouth hubcaps on it with WWWs.

6. InPrimer

InPrimer

here's a mild 55

7. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

nothing in particular, just trying to get some ideas...my friend bought one, and were just throwing some ideas around right now. but what we were thinking is nose, deeck, shave the handles, lower it, its already 2 tone, so we were gonna put a mtal flake on the roof. and prolly lancer hudcaps.

8. Gonna HiJack a post here. I found a '56 Plymouth Plaza that needs some brake work to make it on the road again. Bitch part is it's a more door. After seeing these pics I think it might just be worth the asking price of $2500.00. The guy that owns it took it from his 81 year old aunt so she wouldn't drive it after she had a stroke.

He's a great guy with a few toys of his own. Has a Cruz Pendregon motor on a stand next to a Skuza body. Has the dragster that he and his brother beat Garlits in 1966 hanging from the ceiling in his garage. Has a few roadsters, Fad T's and Dueces in his other garage. Last name of Farroni...anybody ever hear of him? Has many cars featured in Rod & Custom back in the cool days (57-62). Has the magazines sitting inside the original cars in a climate controlled Museum of his own.

9. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

nothing wrong with a more door, tha e one im talkin about that my friend is getting is a more door.

10. daddylama

daddylama

the only pic i've got of this one, and by far my favorite '55...

Attached Files:

11. luckystiff

luckystiff

damn right theres nothin wrong with a moredoor. good cheap all around cruiser. mine is a 42000 orig mile car that hasn't seen the road in about 20 years(other than me driving it home about 5 miles). good straight body that sat in primer for about the last 5 years. i gave 1100 for it and drave it home. the carb leaks a bit so i have to see about that, but so far thats the only thing mech. it needs. seems to be more pics of '56s around but you get the idea from a '56 too. if ya wanna pm me your email i'll email the few pics i have here...ken....

12. Lowlife

Lowlife
    from MO. USA

'nother 56,a nice one at that!

Attached Files:

13. Lowlife

Lowlife
    from MO. USA

Finally! Custom '55

Attached Files:

14. daddylama

daddylama

'nother one, but a '56...

Attached Files:

15. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    nothing in particular, just trying to get some ideas...my friend bought one, and were just throwing some ideas around right now. but what we were thinking is nose, deeck, shave the handles, lower it, its already 2 tone, so we were gonna put a mtal flake on the roof. and prolly lancer hudcaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I said!
    Cept the caps...that's all it needs.
    I think scallops and/or flames make the body look stubby, although they area way of saving a road rashed front ends paint for another year or so.
    Interesting thing on the two lowlife posted, the '56 has a '55 grill center and the '55 has a '56 grill center. a bolt-in confuse-the-restorer's thing if you want.