Register now to get rid of these ads!

Look what I came across on patrol

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chucklz, May 27, 2009.

1. chucklz

chucklz
    from KC

I was looking for violators when I came across this. I knew it was a Hudson. The owner's sister said it was 1949. She did not know which model it was. It was very original and very complete (missing air cleaner).

It probably would not have needed paint except they covered it with a heavy rubberized tarp. Bare sheet metal is now rust.

Attached Files:

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

Jump on that.

3. chucklz

chucklz
    from KC

It would be quite a jump. She quoted a big number.

4. BISHOP

BISHOP

How much money did she say, and how much she will take are two different things. I would show up with cash anyway.

5. BISHOP

BISHOP

Make it almost all $20 bills, looks like a killer stack.

6. Define a big number, those don't grow on trees these days. You can hardly ask for a better driving '50s car.

7. Weasel

Weasel

And it's a 2 door - I'd rather have one of those than a Merc any day!

8. BISHOP

BISHOP

PM me if you dont take it. No joke.

9. If you can't buy that one, buy mine -

10. No need to chop a Merc when you can just buy a Hudson. Hudsons came from the factory looking like somebody already chopped them. You can probably buy that Hudson for less than it would cost to chop a Merc. Look at it that way. And as Rustynewyorker noted, they are good driving cars. Seats are like sitting on your living room sofa, very smooth ride.

11. They dominated NASCAR racing for a couple yrs. in the early '50's. Be cool to build a faux stock car out of one. Maybe I should have said "clone" as it really is a "stock" Hudson as it sits now.

12. SNAG IT FAST. UNBELIEVEABLE POTENTIAl.

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Wow..

Wow!
    what kind of "big" number did "she" say?

I'd be talking to the owner..
    Can you post up some bigger pictures?
    when i click on thiose thumbnails they dont load up larger..

SaaaaWeeeT..

14. Ole don

Ole don

That was the most desireable body style ever, and the rarest! Rebuild the brakes and dive it like you stole it!

15. Aaahhh...ol "Doc Hudson"...:D

16. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Thats a 49 Coupe. Pretty desirable. Hudson's value has increased since Cars was released. Coupe are fairly easy to come by. The "brougham" (longer roofline 2 door) is much rarer. Non the less I was snatch this baby up.

17. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Are you a code enforcement officer?

18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I think he is a motorcycle cop. And a good guy too.

19. Art prepares fresh
    [​IMG];):D

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That would be a dogs act.:mad:

21. OK, I'll ask too. How big of a number and can we have a bigger picture. Love the car! ;)

22. Gigantor

Gigantor

Missing the air cleaner tells us it has the single manifold. Get that car and put the Twin-H manifold and you will be the envy of MANY... including me.

23. PoPo

PoPo

I would love to have one of those and I was thinking "Doc Hudson" also..lol

I was doing something similar and found a 50 merc, when the sun came up I stopped and asked about it. But it was sold already, wouldnt say how much, it was gone two days later.

24. chucklz

chucklz
    from KC

Paul is correct. I'm a motorcop. My ticket book is covered with hotrod sitckers; my radar gun pinstriped. I will go back and get some bigger pics friday or saturday. I took those with my cellphone. She said it runs, drives and stops. It smells wonderfully of Old Car. The wood dash still has a glow to it. The gauges have curved glass. The interior is original and intact. The steering wheel is even in good shape.

I love finding these things tucked away in the city.

Her asking price $20k

25. 20k is about right for a car that needs nothing...runs, drives, restored, nice paint, all parts there, good chrome.

it doesn't sound like this one is in that kind of shape though. They're not that rare.

26. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Huh?

20K sounds a little steep to me but the pictures are the size of a quarter so its hard to tell.

27. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enforcing a code to get the car cheap out of someone is the act of an absolute dog of a person.

28. I'd sell mine for about 1/10th of her asking, the dash is just as nice and it will run. '49 Super Six coupe just like that, but badly in need of paint.

'49 should have a 262 stock, not quite the big 303, but the 303 would bolt right in.

The slick ticket would be to round up the Edmunds 2x2 intake and run that - have quad H-power on there. It takes two stock Carter 2bbls like a WDO or whatever the original is (too lazy to look it up atm).

29. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

You read into shit way to much man. I was merely asking if he was a code enforcement officer or not.

30. Generally a code violation is reported to a codes enforcement officer, not a police officer. Normally two completely different departments.

And for $20,000 asking the damn thing better be plated and insured anyways, which makes 99% of all possible code issues moot.