Register now to get rid of these ads!

look ma, I built me a car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead fred, Jul 5, 2007.

1. flathead fred

flathead fred

so after more than 2 years of the eves and weekend gig, I almost have the 51 ready for the road, yes it is un-chopped and yes it is a more door. but i have been through every last little bit of this beast, had it off the frame for a year, stepped the frame 8 inches out back, channeld and tunneled for full travel in the rear as well. I have nothing against modern components, but wanted to keep it fairly original and simple, hence, it has 4 wheel drums, and 3-speed o/d, other than lowering and building out the flathead she is mechanically original, just re-built as new, the wiring is all new and 12 volt, with the genny and starter re-spun to 12 volts. and yes, this will be the daily driver (grocery getter) so far on the test runs she drives like a new car

DCP01384.JPG

DCP01392.JPG

DCP01174.JPG

and how I found it a couple years back

DSC05598.JPG

2. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

Looks like lots of good work ya done there.

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

Man- that looks sweet! Nice job.

4. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Congrats on taking the time and making the commitment to do it right!!

When's it gonna get painted, and what color(s)??

:cool:

5. flathead fred

flathead fred

paint will come in the winter, most likely jet black laquer, in the mean time I am gonna get in primer so I can make it to hotrodarama, the fun part will be modifying the 53 Desoto grill to fit

6. flatoz

flatoz

Nice job, I like it, moordoor or not.

7. Dont feel like you ned to apologise for not chopping it or having a 2 door, fuck em.... if there going to think lesser of you for having 2 more doors. Cool ride.