Register now to get rid of these ads!

** Long Beach Motorama Sept. 23-26 **

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zephyr3789, Jul 21, 2010.

1. lets all meet up sometime sat afternoon some were at the show

2. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

i don't think so. downtown has more night clubs all about hooking up. it's cool if your into the "meat market" hangouts

the Pike on 4th st is cool so is Alex's bar on Anaheim St.

3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Bump for the weekend..

4. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Check out George and Sams hands casted notice the "ghost" hand for Sam..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. oldbutstillyoung

oldbutstillyoung

I had my altd. striped and letterd by Tom Kelly[ yes that Tom Kelly] he said he will be at the show to hand out an award for striping so check out a real legand

6. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I totally think this show has the potential to top what we had in Paso. Can't fucking wait, just finished working on the Zephyr for the night! We'll be working on it until late Wednesday night I'm sure, but we're gonna be there!

BTW those hands are cool, but slightly disturbing... LOL

7. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

I dont think it will ever top paso, you wont get the draw of cars from Northern Ca WA and Or, but it should be one hell of a show cant wait, dad and I are going on Fri. Wish i had his car done in time.

8. For us LONG BEACH locals this has really poor promotion, we can't find any info on it at all, no schedule, nothing. If I didn't drive by the arena every day going to work and didn't actually SEE some cars today i wouldn't have known about it. Website, and facebook, leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

9. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

ain't that the fucken truth.

10. i guess nobody listens to local radio???
    i hear the commercials all over the place.

11. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

Pandora plays all day long cause who wants to listen to commercials. must be promoted everywhere outside the city to bring people to the city. so i guess there is no need to promote within the city.

12. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

We will be there with the Winfield Truck. Gonna be a good show!

13. WTFHemi

WTFHemi
    from Austin

but those were all in spanglish

14. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

What time are they letting the general public in Saturday and Sunday, and wheres parking? Flyers all seem pretty vague to me...

15. 12 and 12.
    parking off of shoreline and linden and in the structure

16. Rikster

Rikster

I have seen the Set Up Day and Friday photos in the other threads on the hamb.. and all I can say is WOW..... WOW.

What a great show, what a great way to display all the cars. I can understand some complaints about the curtains, but they sure make a extremely nice background for the cars/photos. And besides that those curtains where used a lot in the very early Custom Car Shows as well.
    I'm so happy that a large show is mainly dedicated to Custom Cars again. That makes me feel extremely good. The HAMB has been rather low on Custom related topics... but this SOK show makes good for that... I hope a new trend is set. And hopefully everybody else enjoy to see these customs cars are neatly lined up.. and looking so GOOOOOOOD.

Thanks everybody for posting the photos so far... looking forward to see more reports over the weekend.

17. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

What time does the show open on Sunday? I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find any info?
    Jimmy White

18. big creep

big creep

im guessing 10 am? thats the time they opened saturday. i could be wrong, but if you get there early you'll be able to get in there early!

19. Cruiser

Cruiser

Everything about the LBM is so cool, what a great show that will only get better and better. The sit up of the cars is perfect, the hands of the greats wow and customs from ear to ear. FANTASTIC

CRUISER :cool:

20. The show had a lot of cars, some vendors but wasn't really big. Needs a bigger indoors for more cars the indoors seemed really small. The vendors that were there were mainly in one area. There were only 3 that were by the doors that sold car parts Not just nick nats parts. For the flyers I agree very vague. didn't say times an such like cost. I am hoping next year it will be a lot bigger it has the potential to be huge not just above average car show.

21. My car broke down on the way there. 3 times. I finally did the Bad Bob thing and called the flatbed. Then I went to the show. WOW! Looked like an old Triton's car show from the livestock place in ELA. Great Western Exhibit center, or something. But, I digress...

The cars show was really cool. Cars posed on everything from rock salt to styrofoam packing peanuts, carpet and stanchions, the owners did a killer job of making it right. Thanks to everyone of 'em.

Saw a few friends, but pushing that barge of an Olds twice did my back in and I'm toddling off to bed. If I feel better, I'll go back Sunday.

IF you are local and haven't gone, get on down there. Kustoms are back.

22. 2Hep

2Hep

How much and what are the times it running on Sunday?

23. Rikster

Rikster

SHOWCASE OF KUSTOMS 2010
    Date: September 24, 2010 - September 26, 2010
    www.showcaseofkustoms.com
    Phone: (714) 846-7121

Friday, September 24 showtimes 12PM to 9:00PM
    Saturday, September 25 showtimes 10:00AM to 9:00PM
    Sunday, September 26 showtimes 10:00AM to 7:00PM

Adults $17

Kids 13-17 $5

12 and under FREE

24. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

I tell you what, I had a great fucking time and I will be back every year. Regardless of all the downs the show had. I still think it will be at the top of my to do list for years to come.

I understand all the gripes, they are valid, and I'm sure they will be noted by Trace and crew... but come on guys for a first year show (venue wise), it fucking rocked so cut them some slack!!! I don't know Trace personally, but if I see him tomorrow I will shake his hand and say thank you for putting on a great show.... along with the HAMB "suggestion box" lol...

25. and dont forget the pinstripers auction taking place tomorrow...
    good opportunity to get some high quality stuff at great value prices... and all the proceeds go to benefit charity!

26. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

I tried to buy a few pieces at the auction today, but was outbid everytime. I ended up going indoors and buying a few pieces... Maybe I'll try again tomorrow!

27. im not saying the cars sucked there were great just it was missing something but im also comparing to Sacramento grand nationals and the grand nationals at Pomona and bulletproof also

28. what it was missing was volume... the crowd effect.

if that show had been PACKED it would have felt EPIC to everyone who thought it was blah.

it has ALL the ingredients. no doubt.

29. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

I know, what you're saying, there is always room for improvement. I also know that I walk past more cars at those shows you mentioned then I stop at and at this show I stopped to look at nearly everything. Although, there still were a few WTF's, but they always sneak in... lol

I agree, I expected many more cars and people, but I'm hoping word of mouth makes this show what it deserves to be.

I also think we need to petition the city to close a section of Shoreline so we can have a real cruise night!!...

30. John Denich

John Denich

Nothing to compare! I have shown at both and the Motorama beat them all! it all about the cars!!!! PEOPLE NEED TO GET DOWN THERE TOMORROW!!!!

John