Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lone Star Round up caravan from Houston

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cochino, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Cochino

Cochino

What time are some of ya'll planning on rollin out on friday i know its a bit early but just wondering.

2. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

i'm leaving thursday with the b team :(

3. Brad S.

Brad S.

Haven't decided yet really.

Need to get off my ass and get a hotel room. Everywhere I;ve stayed before is either sold out or closed. Not really wanting to pay the going rate of $200 plus a night for one of the high dollar hotels either.

4. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

mid-day Friday, me in the 50 Chev truck, a buddy driving his 59 Apache and my Cousin's 30 sedan (hopefully).

5. Don't be so cheap, Big Bank Hank.

6. pay it, there will be someone sleeping on the floor and splitting rent. I had an upper 200. room last year, had 3 folks ended up sleeping on the floor.
    this year I got a suite w/ a 2 bed set up. I can bet money someone will need the space.

7. skyrodder

skyrodder

what are you planning on taking? truck or the 50?

8. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

We're flying out to Houston to my GF's parents house Thurs night and driving out Fri morning in a regular car. Anyone that could use an extra vehicle in there caravan PM me, I'd love to meet some of you Texas Hambers seeing as I know none.

9. Cochino

Cochino

What time is the B team leaving? I think about 75% of the clubs cars' will be part of the B team because everyone still has straight sixes hahhahahaahah !!!!

10. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I have never got to leave before saturday morning. I took vacation this year. I like to run with some of the Houston guys. TP

11. Cochino

Cochino

Whats up TP, that will be cool if you join us were trying to round em' up. Dont know where were going to be meeting up but we'll keep you posted.

12. manicmechanic

manicmechanic

If something doesn't change and I find a motor, I will not be going.

13. Cochino

Cochino

What kind of motor are you looking for?

14. hotrodtodd

hotrodtodd
    Member Emeritus
    from Houston

If we don't have to work on my cuz 50 until 8:00pm we will be leaving mid day.

We didn't sit in any traffic.

15. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

that did suck,....hopefully we will all have our pieces of shit ready to go.

16. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

adrian, let me know what the plans are and I'll meet up with ya'll. I'm ready.

17. zirad54

zirad54

What route do you all take?

18. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

I got a room, but my brakes went out last week... So, I have pulled off the front drums and removed the hubs from the drums, and will be putting on disks, and a new master and running new line and puttin' new cylinders in the rear drums... Pray for me to make it to Round up this year riddin' high in my truck

19. Damn, Andrew, do you think you can install some brakes in two and a half months?

20. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

1) I'm prety much working when not sleeping, 2) I've never done this before,..

3) Got the front breaks off last night, removed hubs from drums, got one king pin out (Oh, yeah, I'm putting in new King Pins also) but... I pounded away on the driver side king pin for a half hour with a sledge and drift and it only slightly dimppled the bottom seal... I'll take a few more swings at it tonight, then get out the torch to see if it is more persuaded by the hammer at higher temperatures.

Hey, speaking of brakes. I'm switching to a disk / drum setup. I've got a dual circuit corvette style master with a disk / drum proportioning valve...will I also need a residual pressure valve somewhere???

21. I bet the hot wrench will do it to it, just don't get it TOO hot. I don't know from residual pressure valves, ask Unclee. Did he call you? He asked for your number. I said he could probably find it on any given bathroom wall in the
    Montrose area...

22. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Ya Uncle Lee called me. I need to call him and ask about the pressure valve. And, for heaven's sake stop writing my number on the bathroom wall in the clubs you frequent.

23. Cochino

Cochino

Whats up Terry. I've had a lot of work this week haven't had a chance to PM back. I haven't had a chance to to talk to any one yet, So I'll keep you posted!!!!