Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage London HAMBers-April 15?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5window, Feb 18, 2018.

1. 5window

5window

Greetings. I will be in London on Sunday afternoon with a fellow car enthusiast with a Sunday afternoon to entertain ourselves while our wives visit Highclere castle for the Downton Abbey Tour.

Are there any cars shows going on then-or other car-related activities or sights we could take in?

Thank you in advance.

2. japchris

japchris
    from England

On 3rd Sundays of the month, (in the morning) there is a gathering of cars at Krispie Kremes down in the SW London suburbs at 197 Burlington Rd, New Malden KT3 4NA. (Note its a little ways from a railway station if you don't have a hire car).
    Usually cars are there by 9am but emptying by mid-day.
    Here are some photos someone took at yesterdays meet there -
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155522327623897.1073741988.629678896&type=1&l=52e4bd986a
    I believe Highclere castle is some way out west from London. You might want to visit this place, or get dropped off there for the day, as its also to the west of London and well worth a visit -
    https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/explore/our-collection/cars

3. GeeRam

GeeRam

Highclere certainly is some way out, its just south of Newbury in the middle of nowhere......

So if you are having to take the wives there first (depending on what time they have to be there) then, you certainly won't be able to do that and get back to Krispy Kreme.

If the wives are making their own way there (depending on where from etc) then Krispy Kreme is the only option HAMB related, although, as mentioned, Brooklands would be worth a visit, but again, its some way away from Highclere.

4. 5window

5window

Japchris,thanks. I'll check those out. The ladies are on their own for this trip. I'll be based in Bloomsbury near the British Museum-which was my Plan A. Sunday roast with my friend, then revisiting the museum.