Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lokar with C6 (neutral / safety/ reverse switch question)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jharris45, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Jharris45

Jharris45

I’m installing a new lokar shifter, and now the neutral safety switch doesn’t fit.. Is there another place for me to install a reverse switch on the C6?

Thanks,
    Jim

Attached Files:

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

You have to use their switch but its only for start in park or neutral and no reverse lights unless its been changed since I bought one,I went back to a factory column shift so I could mount that switch on the trans.

3. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Got to do away with , OEM switch and the Lokar shifter has a switch to screws into the shifter near the handle

4. goldmountain

goldmountain

I proposed this solution to a similar inquiry last month and it seems to me to be a reasonable idea - mind you, I haven't really done it. Try a Mopar neutral safety switch. They screw into the side of the transmission case and have three prongs. The two outer ones are for the backup light and the center one goes to ground in neutral and park. The neutral start part requires the use of a relay. This should be adaptable to the Lokar shifter since it works the same. The linkage slides across engaging the spring loaded plunger. If you are anyway mechanically inclined, it could be adapted. No one has responded with likes or death threats so I thought I'd run it by again. IMG_1151.JPG

Cliff Ramsdell and deathrowdave like this.

5. Jharris45

Jharris45

6. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Having reverse lights, I like it when I am walking to a store and a car backing out of its space has its reverse lights come on...
    I want to give others the same heads up... lower pic.
    I use a ford floor shifter, late 60's early 70's... think it is from a C6 ? … $10 at a swapmeet.
    it has the nslo switch located in the shifter box... [4] wires...
    memory says ; hot in... hot to park... hot to neutral... hot to reverse lights... may be wrong !
    DSCN0949.JPG DSCN1119.JPG

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019