Register now to get rid of these ads!

Loan for a car body?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Acey_Deucey, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. http://www.brookville-roadster.com/3WINDOWCOUPE/infopage.htm

How many do you want to buy?

2. 31whitey

31whitey

....ya got me...

Would be a hard decision....a brand new PERFECT...3w steel replica.

or a rare repairable original....

seriously....as nice as the brookville stuff is....there is just something about working on a henry 32(no matter how beat) that is hard for me to put into words.

it just feels right

3. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

hypothetcially, no money, no buy

4. brewsir

brewsir

Some people believe that...and rarely have the money they need to get by on. Nothing risked nothing gained...or lost I guess. There are many ways to live life and really no rules...some guys have hustle and can get ahead and never really "live within their income" others cannot. Just depends on the type of person you are I guess. I will say learn to recognize the difference between "good debt" and "bad debt" and there is a difference....an $5k 32 3 window would be good debt even on a credit card (IF it is an investment to profit off of) but bad debt if you spend the next 10 years trying to pay off the credit card but running up another 20K in cc bills buying more parts to build it.

5. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

I'd call you a liar for telling me you cannot afford to buy a couple parts we discussed because things are slow at work and money is tight.......but you would offer X amount for them!

Then I read you just bought a roadster body in Idaho and now your telling the world you "HAVE MONEY" and want to buy or help finance this car?

Unbelievable how fast the economy is changing now that Obama is in office.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009

6. Wow, I thought the deal was I was sending the money, but you decided the grill looked better on you wall than to let someone else have it. I bought that roadster before I talked to you. Money is tight, my hours are cut at work. I don't want Acey's A coupe, a good friend does...I don't have money, he does. It was just an expresion. Being bitter gets you nowere in life.

7. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

I have nothing to be bitter about. I have gotten where I am in life by being honest and I apologize if I put 2 + 2 together and ended up with 666. That is just the way the numbers appeared to be crunching on the screen to me. I'm sure they would add up that way to you sitting in my position.

Thread hijack over.

The guy needs this to buy this car regardless of how he can make it happen. I, like you or your buddy or many others on this forum would put up the money for this car, for this guy, as long as it is a win win situation.

8. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I hope if he really gets the fucking thing he wont apply for the club .:rolleyes:
    Dave

9. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

guys, first off it was hypothetical, i never said there really was a 5k deuce 3w. However. There is. If you dont believe me, look at what i already have. Found em all myself. Except the 31 roadster.
    Secondly, Ive decided NOT to apply for a loan for it. Im no going to go into debt for a car body.
    Third, your opinions on whether or not the car exists are irrevelant. It was a hypothetical question that got blown out of proportion.
    Fourth, opinions on whether or not i should try to get the body are irrevelant. I know what it is and what its worth, and how rare it is. I would be insane not to go for it.

10. 31whitey

31whitey

Tell em man....

11. S.F.

S.F.

Sell something, then buy that 32 body, then sell it and have alot of money. Thats what I do.

12. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Are you selling the 31 roadster body?

13. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

I am. its on ebay but ended. I want at least the starting bid for it though. ebay number is 320333650895
    Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.