Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Little tech tip, making water based liquids thick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tetanus, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Tetanus

Tetanus

Was using some ospho on kids o/t truck and just watching it run on floor got me thinking when my buddy had stroke and nurses were mixing stuff in his drink to thicken it.well the wife's a nurse so she brought some home and I put some in with the ospho and I could make it as thick as I wanted.stays right where I put it now.so it could be used for any water based crap you want to stay put. just Google water thickener and brands come up.[​IMG]

Sent from my Moto E (4) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

tb33anda3rd, RMR&C and wraymen like this.
  2. cool! i googled what's in it.
    This category includes starches as arrowroot, cornstarch, katakuri starch, potato starch, sago, tapioca and their starch derivatives. Vegetable gums used as food thickeners include alginin, guar gum, locust bean gum, and xanthan gum.

Hnstray likes this.
  3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I'll be dipped in shit, never knew there was such a thing. Gonna put a reminder note on my screwdriver rack. Once I see it four or five times I'll remember this tip.

4. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

just use cornstarch or flour.....same way you make gravy
    from broth

Hnstray, slowmotion and Just Gary like this.

5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Well let the secret out for crying out loud !!!!! But seriously, I've been doing something very similar for some time now; just watching what you're working with run right off, and onto the ground, did't seem very effective. Then I started thinking that Naval Jelly (or is it Navel Jelly?-GROSS !!!) stayed in place a little bit better because it was thicker. I like the "gravy" correlation; now I'm hungry. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

firstinsteele likes this.
  6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Hadnt thought of it before but brilliant idea.
    thicket is from the hospital, but corn starch or flour are cheap and work well also.