Register now to get rid of these ads!

Line em' up boys, this one is a winner...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MichaelDorman, Jan 8, 2004.

1. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

That boy oughta stick to playing with the autocad and quit building them. Maybe he'd have better luck with photochop. [​IMG] Yuk

3. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

I just love his last line .. "If i don't sell it ,time ta put a carb on and go ride " OOOOH glad it wont be riddin near me .

4. Hey someone loan me 800.00. I gotta have that windshield [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mother of God...

At least it isn't that other hunk of crap from Kansas that show up there from time to time. First it was blue, then it was some sort of lavender, what's next? This guy from Jackson is objective proof that just because you design something on AutoCad, doesn't mean it's worth a shit.

6. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

I'm glad I already ate lunch! That thing is ugly enough to make a fat man forget about food!

7. Donzie

Donzie

Less than 2 days left and still no bids. Now THERE'S a surprise!
    If one of you buy it, PLEASE, don't tell us. [​IMG]

8. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

9. So... is this what happens when computer nerds try and build "rat rods"?

10. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I'm just waiting to snipe it at the last second!

11. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

Come on Rocky, Ill help ya get it ready for the hamb drags. I here Car Killer will drive anything.

12. 41ChevyTrucker

41ChevyTrucker

I think his autocad program has a virus

13. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

That thing is mint! i dont know what you guys are talking about!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. He spent all that time and money on that project and this is what he came up with. He probably thinks it looks cool too.

Seriously, I feel sorry for him.

It won't sell so I hope he likes it. I hope he keeps it and drives the crap out of it.

At least he built it, that's more than a lot of folks can say.

JH

15. looks like a hill billy cheech and chong wanna be low rider

16. theodore

theodore

[ QUOTE ]
    That boy oughta stick to playing with the autocad and quit building them. Maybe he'd have better luck with photochop. [​IMG] Yuk

[/ QUOTE ]
    I don't think he should play with Autocad either....this is the only good reason I've seen to ban pirated software [​IMG]

17. metalshapes

metalshapes

You guys must have missed that episode of Monster Garage...
    Build a truck out of a dumpster, with out changing the appearance of the dumpster.

18. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

OUCH! Jedd Clampett watch out! Autocad huh? He probably works for microsoft.

19. Great Googly Moogly! That is an Eye Sore if I ever saw one.

20. quickrod

quickrod

would'nt be a bad deal if it comes with the peice of wood holdin up the exhaust [​IMG].......fuckin peice of shit,ya know thats probably the kind of shit that whole TLC bullshit would have created, dudes buildin fuckin ugly shit like this and callin it a"ratrod"......jesus fuckin christ.....that's it i quit! [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. I usually feel sorry for these people too. Even as bad as it looks, I'm sure the guy has alot of time and effort in that thing. I guess desire can't make up for a lack of talent or vision. I have a friend who is putting together a '72 Chevy truck-- he is actually a good craftsman and an excellent bodyman, but I'm afraid to stop by his house to see the latest 'feature'. He's so proud of it that I can't imagine telling him that he is creating the ultimate mullet mobile. If I could just get him in the right direction....
    or maybe I'm just an asshole for thinking my way is better than his.

22. Wait!
    I think that's Mr. Boomhauer's truck, from Gentle Ben.

He shoulda used "HAMB" in his description, he'd have some bids if he did.

23. Satinblack

Satinblack

You laugh, but I have seen stuff that looked cool but was put together just as badly! Yes and they are on the HAMB too! I could tell some stories but dont want to hurt anyone feelings. So next time you got to a show take a closer look. And these guys even get pics of there rods in the mags? Go figure. Satin

24. Y'know SATINBLACK, you're right. He doesn't mention "rat rod" or "street rod". He had a vision and he built it. If it wasn't so far away, I'd buy it, throw some swampers on it and use it to pull my boat and haul firewood (Just like Mr. Boomhauer [​IMG]). It is kinda cool for what it is, and I guess I don't see him trying to make it something it's not.

25. buicksarecool

buicksarecool

Good point there Satin. I knew a feller that had a 52 Merc. It was posted in a few different mags. The body was straight. Decent work. O.K. paint. Never saw the motor, so who knows? One day I was checking it out at a show. He was a friend of a friend and we were all hanging out so he didn't mind that I was being too nosey. I noticed an area on the passengers side carpet that was folded over a bit, so I lifted it up to take a look and....low and behold....there's several holes the size of tennis balls all over his floorboard. It's so weak that I could move it pressing down with my index finger. So I peeked under the car. Brakes are leaking like a siv, the floor is so shot that I wouldn't put my worst enemy in the front seat, and his exhaust was hanging on by a thread. A real piece of crap done up to look pretty. Who knows what the rest of it was like.

Ahh, but the what the hell do I know? My rides 95% rust anyway [​IMG]

26. Nice exhaust

27. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

He forgot the red wheels but, hey I'll bet Boyd didn't build this one! Should quiet the east coast verses west coast argument. Its open season on the south! grin!

28. What the fuck it that monstrosity!!!!!

29. Missing Link

Missing Link

What The?! I expected to hear dualing banjos playing! [​IMG]

At least he "did it" himself so I guess he should get some credit?

30. colorado51

colorado51

AutoCad, huh?? Well there is his FIRST problem!

Man, that thing makes my EYES BLEED!

But, you know what, if he is proud of his ride, more power to him. We all build different stuff, some good and some bad.

Maybe he should keep it and just drive the holy piss out of it.