Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lincoln Door Button- Install How To!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Asphalt Angel, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Thank you for your kind comments-I have learned a ton here on the HAMB..it is a tremendous resource-
    I am honoured to be able to give a little back!

fauj and The 39 guy like this.
  2. I'm glad this popped up again in another thread. I'd forgotten about it, but since I'm actually working on my '41 now this will come in handy.

3. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

4. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Nice job on this. I'll be installing my Lincoln door buttons this year and this will be a good reference when I'm working through it. Thanks for sharing.

5. brady1929

brady1929

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

IMG_4770.JPG I lucked out with my T'bird. I just drilled a hole in the door skin over the stock "paddle" that operated the latch, put the Lincoln button in, tightened the lock nut down, and done. Like they were made for it.

lowrd and Asphalt Angel like this.
  7. Just finished plan B for the top bell cranks...I'll post the result when it's all done and I'm happy with it.

Asphalt Angel likes this.
  8. Helloosination

Helloosination

9. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Great tech, thanks.

10. Yeah, the pics are in my album. Nearly the last pics I put there 3 years ago. I'm using genuine buttons which are operationally the same but inside the door are different from the repro ones.

11. lowrd

lowrd

Used the LI door buttons on my 53 Chev. Slight mods to the internal mechanism. Used the original hole in the door and the retainer clips! Just had to file grooves in the threaded portion of the button for the clips to fit.

LAROKE likes this.
  12. Back to the top, for those who haven't seen it.

13. [​IMG]
    on my 51 ford we used the stock latches plus we kept the stock locking mechanism. We needed some modifications to the Lincoln latch button to get the lock working properly, but Ryan, of Logic, helped get us through the process.

brEad and CoolHand like this.
  14. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

I dig that striping around the button & lock cover.

Very slick.