Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lime Gold Lacquer toner source??

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by K13, Feb 1, 2014.

1. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Yes, I know that technically it isn't "labeled" a candy, but if you can see your metallic base under the toners, you really have to treat it like a candy. Which means special spraying techniques, that I know you are aware of. Just follow proper candy painting procedures with this paint, and you'll be OK. If not, I guarantee you'll get blotching and tiger striping! Don't want you to waste all that fine Lacquer that Manuel is mixing up for you!

2. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What ever happened here? Did you get any further with the truck? I was thinking about this when I was matching an odd color on an older restoration, an L-29 Cord. I needed HOK Pagan Gold Kandy Koncentrate to nail the right tone on a tan color from the 70s. Yes, tan. The right front fender was blended at the peak. Made me miss lacquer real bad.
    005.jpg

3. Sorry Highlander I guess I never really updated this post. Manuel mixed and shipped all the paint in the fall but I was not able to get everything ready before winter hit so I have not had a chance to spray any yet. Didn't really want to fill my garage with lacquer fumes while running the heater:eek:. I am just working on a kitchen reno right now so that has put the truck on the back burner for a little while. We are finally starting to get some warmer weather so hopefully in the next little while I will try and at least spray out a sample. I will update when I do. Thanks for checking in.

Outback likes this.
  4. town sedan

town sedan

K13, wanted to let you know I've followed this thread since you started it last year and was glad to see it come back to the top again. When I read theHIGHLANDER's post above the thought that the need for warmer weather might have slowed things down over the winter. Anyway glad to hear your still plugging away at it and look forward to your next report. -Dave.