Register now to get rid of these ads!

lighting the HA/GR fire

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by general gow, Sep 23, 2011.

1. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

so i've been trying to light a bit of an HA/GR fire here in New England, as it seems we could run places like Winterport, New Enlgand Drags, and the new 1/16 at the annual Orange Airport reunion, in addition to making that trip to Mokan Mecca.

my idea is to keep things very simple, stay as close to the original set of rules that Sam came up with in '05. for my part, the car would be a 223 powered A frame base, and i think i could convince most around me to stay simple and cheap too. There might be enough interest to build 4 cars, so that would be a great start.

anyway, i have been trying to find the 'inspiration thread' that i see talked about, and i can't. and it seems like a lot of car build threads aren't around anymore. i love the early efforts by the guys in australia, and i'd love to see more of these builds. especially those that aren't too concerned with NHRA.

who's got some adivce? i'd love to hear what you have to say. particularly if it's encouraging...

2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

General, when you search are you changing the "Display Options" at the bottom of the page to the "Beginning"? Good Luck on your group and I know I'd like to make the "Mecca" myself! Rocky

3. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Actually, there are 21 pages of stuff, (build questions, build threads and other related HA/GR information), here in the HA/GR forum. Start a build thread and you will get lots of additional information, commentary and suggestions. If you have four potential builders in your area that's probably about three more than we had in So Cal when Old6rodder started building the Barn Job. He has two different build threads on his car here and more surprises up his sleeve in the future. Welcome to the insanity, don't believe those who keep crying that the HA/GRs are dead or fading away. These cars are as alive as we want them to be, some of us just build slower as we get older and more financially challenged. We're about four years into our build, but it will run and we'll have some of the biggest grins in the pits.

Our build thread... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189651

Old6rodders build... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555279

4. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

holy cow, toymaker, look at that.

it's my default on the main board, i assumed it would be on the ha/gr board too...

5. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

Winterport is the best .

6. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

hey swampdonkey, that a sweet pic for your avatar!

7. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

thank my bro