Register now to get rid of these ads!

Life Magazine ... Capturing The Way Things Use To Be!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toby Denham, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Good ol' Life magazine ... captured the way life use to be .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All fixed ... time to go!
    [​IMG]

2. rick finch

rick finch

Ha.....trailer queen, blasphemy! (did they have photoshop back then?):rolleyes:

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Norm Grabowski as a young father with the soon to be 77 Sunset Strip car.

Safety first, none of that wuss jackstand jazz. Just a gigantic a-frame made with bridge timbers and 20-ton chain falls with a custom "pick-up-the-T-roadster" lift bracket.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  4. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

Man that's a big ast chain hoist - is that for real?

Who knew that car was a trailer queen - Oh the indignity! My life is ruined!

5. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Someone posted this on here a while back (sorry, don't recall who) but it should be included in this thread. Just type in hot rod in the search area and be prepared to drool...

http://images.google.com/hosted/life

6. skunx1964

skunx1964

that a-frame and hoist setup is killer

7. great pics thanks!

8. Hey Norm what goes with the trailer, gotta be a story in there somewhere.

9. Special Ed

Special Ed

Does that trailer now force him into the "gold chainer" crowd? There's gonna be some trouble on here....:eek:

10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I think I would trust that chain hoist a lot more then some of these cheap made chinese jackstands out now. I pick up lawnmowers like that to fix em. maby he had to take the car to get it inspected first?

11. Larry T

Larry T

Hum, looks like the trailer was custom made for the car. Baby moons and WWW that match the T, pretty fancy for the time. And to let your car been seen on the trailer in a national magazine, what's up with that?? Someone better explain to Mr. Grabowski that that's not the way real hotrodders do it. Never has been, never will.
    Larry T

12. rick finch

rick finch

Okay Larry, I've got your back....I'll be callin' 911 for ya, after Mr. Grabowski pounds you into the ground!:D

13. In my book, Norm is even cool when drivin' a rod up on a trailer. Ain't a thing wrong with trailers, if for whatever reason your car needs trailering. :)

A real hot rodder doesn't feel the need to prove anything ... unless he thinks he has the fastest machine.

14. Some more of the way it was ....

Some food for thought. Here's some "outlaws" ... how do they compare to their modern counterpart?
    [​IMG]

Some real rodders here ....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Rot'nRodder

Rot'nRodder

Ah.... the days when it was safe to get under a car that was held up by an A-frame crane.