Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Let's see your homemade speed equipment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robert J. Palmer, Nov 26, 2014.

1. I love the fact you made a E.F.I. intake a four carb. set up topfule55!!
    More people should do that!!
    I hate E.F.I.!

Ned Ludd and topfuel55 like this.
  2. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Thanks Bob. After seeing all of the other stuff up here, I must bow to the better work!

3. These are Buick rims widen to 10" for stock car racing, but never finished.
    They are on my someday list. Does anyone else's someday list keep getting longer?
    IMG_0540 (Small).JPG IMG_0541 (Small).JPG IMG_0542 (Small).JPG

brEad and j-jock like this.
  4. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Lets see some more info on the DOHC 261! really cool.

5. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

At this point he has reduced the size of the cam drive pulleys and fabricated a front cover, which there never was. He made a new intake manifold to mount two updraft Winfield carburetors that suit the new installation, rather the three downdrafts utilized in it's first modified stock car iteration.

There is a 5 page article in the January/February 2012 "12 Port News" which is the 30 page glossy newsletter/magazine of the Inliners International club. It also shows and describes the 6 cylinder Cummins diesel engine heart transplant into his 1972 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud.

The back issue should be available for $3.00. Check their website under "Club Stuff" in the upper left hand menu.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  6. How did the car run?
    Was it a N.A.S.C.A.R. legal or run outlaw?

7. flyin-t

flyin-t

Homemade headers and intake on my old T. Ran an A carb, blistering fast. Would almost water your eyes with it wide open and the windshield laid down.
    [​IMG]

Robert J. Palmer likes this.
  8. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

We are talking 1960 at a local 1/4 mile banked paved track in a modified 1954 Chev convertible. The following year the rules were changed and allowed 90 inch wheelbase cars.

Not a consistant winner but a usually top 5 that ran a full season it's first and only year and was probably faster than the driver.

9. RmK57

RmK57

Homemade caltracs. Don't know whether I would do it again with the cost of quality rod ends, DOM tube, grade 8 bolts, etc...
    At $350 there not a bad deal, I've a couple hundred into my homemades. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422146999.905867.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Deuces, mcnally351 and deathrowdave like this.
  10. Very nice I am going to build some for my 53 Chevrolet, using tie rod ends. Going for an old school look.
    When I (with help from my dad) changed it to open drive I put a mount on the spring pad. IMG_0404 (Small).JPG

Deuces likes this.
  11. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Here is an 8BA Ford manifold I picked up at Hersey converted to 3 carb. JC Whitney sold the weld in parts in the late '50s early '60s

12. Your photo didn't appear. I would like to see it!!

13. Check out page 3, I posted my N.O.S. Gotha kit for a 6 cylinder Chevrolet.

14. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Can't get picture to post

15. Blower Drive, manifold, idler brackets, back plate ect ect
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Hope it made it this time HomeMade 2.JPG

Lil'Alb, Deuces, 46fatford and 2 others like this.
  17. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

These are patterns for a flathead 4-71 blower manifold. At least 1 manifold was cast and run on the Banister Brothers dragster in the '50's

Attached Files:

Robert J. Palmer and saltflats like this.
  18. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

[​IMG][​IMG]

Well done Roseville Carl and how about the winch adaptation to the engine stand.

19. Here are a couple. I couldn't afford a Cragar blower drive so I whittled the pulleys and made my own v-belt drive.

[​IMG]

I made the lake style headers from a 36 Ford drive shaft like they should be.

[​IMG]

20. When I started this thread I was expecting a lot of black and white photographs, and vintage parts.
    I glad to see people are still building.
    I would like to see more of both!

das858 likes this.
  21. It's been a while. Is there anymore homemade speed equipment on the loose?

22. Okay, I'll bite - homemade dyno headers for the FlatCad - had to get these done in two days to make the first dyno date:

DynoHeaders1.JPG DynoHeaders6 copy.jpg DynoHeaders4 copy.jpg

On the Dyno at John Beck's:

photo4.JPG

Zoomie's for Bonneville:

CoatedOnTheFloor.JPG

Of course, just about every damn part of the FlatCad is 'homemade' - with the help of numerous CNC machines to whittle the parts out!

B&S

barrnone50 likes this.
  23. It has been about a month and a half.
    Anyone built or found anything?

24. Not really speed equipment, but you ain't gonna go fast without one.
    Back in high school I couldn't afford one of those fancy Moon pedals for my ride, so I made do with what I could find. A Ludwig base drum pedal. Sure glad the high school band teacher never looked inside my car. I removed it from my high school 28 Sport Coupe, and have kept it all these years.

Lil'Alb, '51 Norm and Deucecoupe like this.
  25. JimSibley

JimSibley

Homemade
    Blower setup on
    My 215 nailhead. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429936035.651559.jpg

volvobrynk and Robert J. Palmer like this.
  26. cretin

cretin

I hope to be adding a couple parts here in the relatively near future. Plan on doing an intake, and a bell housing. Hope it works out.

27. 370headers.jpg Bad photo of my smallblock chevy block hugger headers welded to Pontiac flanges. Had to move a few tubes around a little but I now have Pontiac block huggers to fit my 34 ford .

28. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

i was going to just bolt these injectors on and run them. But peer pressure caused me to make these bells for the inlet. These are for my 26 Dodge Bros banger

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    Deuces and Robert J. Palmer like this.
  29. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

As long as i am doing injector stuff. Here is an injector manifold I made for a '32 Plymouth 4 banger using Suzuki 750 throttle bodies modified for Hilborn nozzles.

Attached Files: