Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see your garage!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JamesG, Feb 2, 2007.

1. ScapeGoat

ScapeGoat
    from Canada

My inspector was a straight-up guy and went through everything that was humanly possible, but unfortunately, he didn't have x-ray vision, thats where I wished the county would have had records of any permits or fires that would have occured. I don't think in this age of computers it would be a hardship to have records for the asking that can tell you all substantial events in the history of a 65 year old house, especially a commercial property no less, instead of having an office full of dumbfounded individuals starring back at you. The DMV has more information on my car then the county has about my house-pityful. Worst than my situation, is what my sister and husband bought without an official inspection but rather on a friend's advice and I couldn't be there with them. Guess who gets to fix their house now? Another reason for why I'm throwing in the towel, maybe in another year I'll get my life back.

2. I bought my house last spring. It was perfect for us. It is on two acres and backs up to a nature preserve. I love not having to deal with too many neighbors. The house already had a nice three car garage for the daily drivers. Over the summer we had another shop built for me in the back yard. Finally having a place to go and play right in the back yard is something I have dreamed of for as long as I can remember. Groing up my family didn't have a garage at all. My dad and I rented a small garage the next town over from us so we had a place to work on our cars. Of course that was a pain because it was inevitable that you would just get into a project and need a part and the local store was 10 miles away. And of course before cell phones, so if you needed a hand with something you had to go get help instead of just calling someone.

The new garage has no power yet, come spring time it will be wired up.

Attached Files:

3. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here is my garage.... no big deal but I like it.;)

Attached Files:

4. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

Been saving for years, bought the house for the property.
    Then did this! and yes, it's in socal. """ dreams do come true!"""
    BEFORE.JPG
    before

SHOP RS.JPG
    after

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Kiwi, How do you work in that garage. with everything in there, any grinding or other messy activity would be everywhere and impossible to clean

Cool garage, how about a pic of the wall with all the posters and stuff

6. rollie

rollie

I just HAD to show you my buddy's...

Attached Files:

7. marx

marx

now the barn of MY love. that is truly awesome!

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Holy garage of SHIT.

9. Thanks! Before this I had a tiny polebarn that was leaning and had dirt floor. It was so bad there was no way we were going to keep it, so when we drew up the plans I decided to go all the way :).

10. plw

plw

my humble garage

Attached Files:

11. Big Dad

Big Dad

Mine outside ..30 x 30 --Heat /ac[​IMG]

12. Big Dad

Big Dad

13. cretin

cretin

mine, for now

Attached Files:

14. Boones........... The picture of the inside of my garage is a little deceiving. That is the back half and there is actually room to walk around back there. Not much work is done back there other than drilling holes, cutting things with the band saws and using the sheetmetal brake. Here is a picture that proves there is a little more room than the other picture shows.
    [​IMG]

15. eric

eric

HOLY CRAP! Kiwi Kev your place rules dude!!!

16. The front half has plenty of room to work on one project and it gets plenty dusty and dirty in there. I'm no clean freak. I worked full time in this garage doing hot rod and race car fabrication for 12 years. I'm pretty careful about where sparks land but most of the fab work is actually done outside in front of the garage.
    [​IMG]

17. Like I said, most of the real work is done outside. I have room for a couple of cars outside. I work on cars for other people much more than my own.
    [​IMG]

18. JSBriggs

JSBriggs
    from Auburn, CA

Here is mine. Its yet to produce anything functional. Im hoping it will this summer.

-Jeff

Attached Files:

19. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

The floor in there in beautiful!! The floor in my shop looks like wavy hell.

20. Boones........Here are a couple of shots of the other wall you asked about. I feel a little weird posting all these pics but I'm a firm believer in "participating" on the H.A.M.B. so I make an effort to post plenty of pics. I know there are plenty of guys out there who have nice setups, far superior to mine so I hope I can inspire them to post some pics. I have visited places that would blow a hot rodders mind so I know I'm low man on the scrotum pole when it comes to this hot rod garage stuff. For a low buck guy I'm real happy with my place. As I look at these pics I can't see many things I paid more than $50 for. Sometimes people ask "How long have you been collecting this stuff" but I'm no cllector, it just accumulates.
    [​IMG]

21. Last one..........
    [​IMG]

22. Kiwi Kev, your garage rocks. I would love to come by and visit sometime. By the way the 2 door convertion on the wagon is pretty cool.

Great to finally meet you at the GNRS,

CBB

23. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

kiwi, you are the man! I,d never leave that place, lot's of socal memorablia in that place..............how's your neighbors?

24. AaronP

AaronP
    from Hooker, OK

Here is a few shots of mine, to full of crap to do any work right now.

Attached Files:

25. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

once again .... bow down to kev.... coolest garage ever!

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hey Kev, you are killing me but I still see room for more, under the Blair's Speed Shop sign behind the oxygen tank there is about a 6"x6" spot.

27. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Your two car garage will become Waaaay too small waaaay to soon.
    Although many real hotrods have been built in small spaces.

Mr Shifter Royale exalted ruler has the way Kool Kollection at his crib.
    I love his place!

Attached Files:

28. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

You should know, when is the addition going to start. LOL