Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see some some Slick 60s F100s!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Aug 18, 2008.

1. 65fordguy

65fordguy

I own a 65 ford f100...Ive been posting pics of my ride in progress...lets see some of your Slicks!! It doesn't matter what phase in the game your in..there all cool!:cool:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  2. 65fordguy

65fordguy

pics of the truck when bought.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

heres my 65 that i have already owned for 5years and went to montana to get... i need to quit buying the damn mercs and build this instead!!:eek:

Attached Files:

4. 65fordguy

65fordguy

man I wish I could find one of those crew cabs. how much are those going for in descent shape?

5. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i picked that one up for 700 bucks. i put out a search through a wrecking yard and he said he found one in montana for 1500, just the cab and back doors. . so i got a list of every junk yard in montana and started calling. sure enough got a call from the same wrecker and said 700 for the whole truck!! i started with a 63 but theres just not enough leg room, about a week after i picked it up a buddy who lives less than 1/2 a mile from me said there was one up the street from him. sure shit 65 crewcab on a V10 4X4 chassis!! here is a pic of when i got mine home

Attached Files:

6. man oh man, I wish my 65 was a crew.

7. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Well, I guess the one big advantage to owning a smaller truck is that I can park where I want! my 65 has...will have...power steering..the parts are there just not on the truck yet. Ive been in the middle of a front end swap from a 75 with disc brakes.

gonna be sweet. my daily driver is a 01 super crew... guess I dont really need another crew....but I guess I could drive a 65 crew instead of the 01!?!? Wonder what my wife would say?

8. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Nice truck Slddnmatt...love the crew with the flare side.

9. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

i want one

10. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Hey tatted ford guy, thats a nice concept you got there, Anywhere close to that yet??

11. BigWigRaceCars

BigWigRaceCars
    from Austin, TX

El Polacko's is one of the best I've seen. Twin turboed now, if it's still the same as when he brought it out for the Roundup. Too cool.

[​IMG]

Unibodyguy likes this.
  12. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Its its just a drewing of the way i want to build it, I had a 61 long bed uni a few years ago and had to sell it... Now with a new baby and all the new bills i have to wait...

13. 65fordguy

65fordguy

well you have a great blue print to build on. congrats on the new baby! my wife and I are getting to where we are "Talking about kids" probably got a year or so before we are "ready" whatever that means.

14. 65fordguy

65fordguy

nice link and nice trucks. Something Im looking to see right now is how the heck I can make my truck cool without lowering it... Im going to end up driving it for about a year or so before I can lower it with the Beams...if I even decide to. I dunno if 20s are the way...18s... 17s with a fatter tire. or 15s or 16s with the old school tires. heck even thought about steelies with the beauty rings and classic ford disc...and white walls!???
    dunno. also can decide what to paint it as a get me a couple year paint job...been thinking about Semi Gloss black. like hot hues hot rod black. got any opinions? or Pics?

15. Mattilac

Mattilac

A shot of my '64...

[​IMG]

16. 65fordguy

65fordguy

hey matt nice ride...what you got in it? is it lowered a little?

17. Mattilac

Mattilac

It's running the stock 292 with headers and electronic ignition. I lowered it a few inches too. You can't really lower these trucks too far (without spending a lot) before you get into really bad ride issues.

It currently has the original 3 speed transmission and the 9" rear end (w/ 3.89 gears) but just recently I bought a 3spd/OD transmission and a 9" third member with 3.00 gears to set this thing up for highway cruising while maintaining the decent 1st gear get-up power.

As far as I know, it sports the original paint, since it was from Texas and was stored in a temp. controlled factory for nearly half its life.

The angle you see in the picture is it's good side. The front is bent up a bit because someone rolled into a pole, and the passenger-side fender got dinged too. I'm working on the body now that I've pretty much finished getting the drivetrain rebuilt and the brakes stopping safely. The truck is mechanically sound, and drives a lot better than it looks.

84,562 miles on it as of yesterday.

18. Mattilac

Mattilac

By the way, I lowered it without spending a dime, but I have leaf springs all around with the straight axle.

19. 65fordguy

65fordguy

ooo hush.. with your easy free lowering... 65s are dang expensive to lower... properly anway. Not cutting the coil springs.

20. Mattilac

Mattilac

Yeah if you cut the coils your camber goes WACK. That's why twin I-beam suspension always sucked. IFS rides way better and doesn't have any of that static crap.

21. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Yeah, a guy here has recommended doing a volare front clip. but I hear they ride like crap....i dunno...just not made for a truck??...looks great...more versatile sure...I would just have to physically see it and ride in one to really know ........what I am REALLY likeing the possiblity of is one day doing a Dakota front clip from industrial chassis. I like that it is actually truck parts not car parts...just seems stouter.

http://industrialchassisinc.com/

nice stuff...but 2 grand or better...there is the option of just buying the cross member and buying out the parts over time... that dont sound like fun...

22. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Here's my '66, although it's pretty much all stock. 352 V8/four speed.

Attached Files:

Landmule likes this.
  23. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Stuart....dude! that is a clean truck.... good job on that one. I think mine was originally that color....but after 40 years sittin in the sun its more powder puff blue...now the passengers side is black with some rust preventative....I took the passengers side down to bare metal last summer... havent had the opportunity to get to the drivers side...but it wasnt as bad...there was funky vinyl graphics on the side of the donor bed.. here is a pic of how we found it..lol...some guys like there stuff down in the weeds....well...this one.. well see for yourself.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. 65fordguy

65fordguy

When we first picked up the truck, we thought man what a rust bucket....turns out..the po had slathered on some weird brown paint....granted there is some surface rust...it isnt that bad at all. the truck was really straight. If you look closely you can see the clumpy brown paint....looks like rusty build up. rubbed right off to expose red and white paint.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  25. 65fordguy

65fordguy

26. aceuh

aceuh

Not mine.....I shot these at the Turkey Run last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. 65fordguy

65fordguy

looks like a hot rod barney mobile.

28. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

65ford genious. Thats Chazzins truck a Hamber and kick ass pinstriper, just a kid and a well done ride! Barney or not its a bitching truck. You might want to check to see if those panels on the side of your truck are painted , looks like a painted "panel job" from here.

29. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Matt, at what speed does the 292/3 speed run comfortably on the hiway...can you do 65?
    I am looking at a 61 with the same combo

Thanks for the info