Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lets see sedan deliveries - ONLY HAMB MEMBERS PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 22, 2017.

1. jnaki

jnaki

Hey S,

Thank you for the very kind comments. Nahhh, our time has come and gone. We are in the final chapter and enjoying what life has given us all of these years. Those memories are a big part of it. A book? Again…Nahhh… Being “almost famous” is enough to last a lifetime of stories. Fame is fleeting, while fortunes don’t always solve everything. We have enough to get by for now. (But, in the long run, a fairly comprehensive grandfather/grandmother story has begun. Both sets of writings will continue in the long time line for our granddaughter and her future.)

I was told several years ago that remembering old memories are one way to keep the big "Alz" away. (from a doctor, so, it is worth a try and keep it active) Sparking those memories starts with home and family, which leads to old photos, which leads to stories. I am also making up for the fact that my English class teacher and the rest of my cool teachers were trying to tell me something about writing/studying for life. But, teenage bravado and culture kept getting in the way. Now, with some pressure off, it is actually fun.

Since I grew up in a hot rod community, with a drag race influence, I am forever grateful for the chance to express my thoughts from those old memories here on the HAMB. (driving by those old neighborhoods helps spark those electronic connections way up there, too.)

Just some parts of any story on cars will spark a memory or two. That leads to research to see if it was part of our history. Then as the old saying goes, the "wheels are in motion" for a HAMB approved story or two from our own history files.

We will all probably know what the big "C" can do and the next thing is the big "Alz." We have known too many friends and family affected, so we are trying to keep things at bay. Our time has come and we are no longer involved in the day to day hot rod scene. The drag race scene also took a nose dive many years ago, too. So, those old memories are part of a great time in our lives and being a teenager/20 somethings, just happened to be part of the big picture.

Jnaki
    upload_2019-3-7_4-27-29.png upload_2019-3-7_4-27-45.png
    These two 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery hot rods, (became a teenager's first hot rod and ten years later, another cruising hot rod for a couple of 20 somethings,) definitely helps stir up the memory banks.

Thanks for all of your own memories and good thoughts for those that keep the posts going, without bashing others or those early photos. They were part of someone's family at one time.

Teenagers, hot rods, surfing, dances, sedan deliveries, parties, modifying cars, bikes, wagons, etc...They are all part of the hot rod culture. (I was in that sedan delivery portion of the culture.) Hopefully, hot rod memories stay around for many years and for the next generation to enjoy.

But, it looks like it is a small part of the whole picture of life. I never thought I would actually enjoy writing, but I guess it was there all along, it just needed a push. Hot rods, sedan deliveries in this case, certainly did that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019