Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical LED headlights?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toms37gmc, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I have H4 [60/55] Hella Vision Plus I tried but I found that they were not as brite as the Sylvania Sliver Star H6024ST [65/55] that I had in my shoebox..I was surprised..Maybe I'll get some stronger bulbs and try the Hella's again..I also discovered that I had the Sylvania's aimed too high [I thought they were aimed to factory specs/deminsion] and after lowering a bunch made a good difference..

2. squirrel

squirrel

I guess I'm lost in the wrong millennium...I still buy H6024 headlights at Walmart..... $8.88 each.

hrm2k likes this.
  3. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Looked into LED's for my springer bike as it eats H4 bulbs. The LED's are good for rear and marker lights but headlights are lagging behind at present. When they get it figured out all the car makers will jump on them. Just a matter of time. They work great in my kitchen.

4. stimpy

stimpy

5. stimpy

stimpy

2008 jeep wrangler just type it in on google or your search engine lots of listings for it , they are about $30 ea at the salvage yard

6. Ya know in all tis discussion about headlights (very little about LEDs by the way) there is no mention of HIDs. I guess they didn't last very long on the market or something.

7. stimpy

stimpy

For HIDs your supposed to use a headlight that is made for it ( projector lense) otherwise it throws light all over as its not aimed like they do with the capsules or filament ones ( ever seen a fast and the stupid wantabee coming at you and blind you from the excessive glare ?? its from the unfocused light ) , and some states if you run HIDs in a non approved bulb /lens capsule (like IOwa ) they will pull you over and give you a out of service order and have you towed, but when its done properly like a latemodel car thats made for it the light paths are crisp and have nice cut off points , but with the high costs and ballast problems they are like the cassette tape , only to fill in for a little while till technology gets better

8. Running Hella H4 in 39 Pont buckets. Pulled the H4 bulbs and put LED units in. Same lens. The difference was dramatic. Well be using LEDs in all my cars.

9. I remember when I first came back to the states HID conversions for muscle cars was a big deal. They were pricey as hell like around 8 or 900 dollars as I recall and had relays for each light so I figured that the AMP draw had to be ridicules. But I figured that no discussion of off topic lights would be complete without at least mention of them.LOL

10. I put United Pacific H4's in my truck this week. I haven't driven in the dark yet,but they are sure brighter on the garage wall. I used a relay also.

11. stimpy

stimpy

the ballasts do draw amps as its basically a sealed arc lamp and the other reason is its a high frequency device , hook them direct to the fuse block and you might as well throw the radio out the window , and forget trying to use a computer control for anything .

Truck64 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.