Register now to get rid of these ads!

Leaving in a few hours to interview winfield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS, Dec 16, 2009.

1. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Im pretty excited, i was asked to interview gene winfield for gearhead magazine.what a honor it is.im leaving in a few hours to his shop. Im gonna be so jacked up on inspiration im not gonna sleep for a few days and stay up building cars. Thought id share the blessing. Ill take pics and let you guys know how it goes.

May you all have a great day!

2. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

That's gonna be an experience of a lifetime....

3. cwl52

cwl52
    BANNED

4. Awesome, he actually interviewed me at a swapmeet about an EMPI volkswagen steering wheel lmfao. I just looked up and did a quick it fits a VW. He's just a man, a very talented one with alot of history. I look forward to updates. Thanks Skotty.-Weeks

5. striper

striper

Had the good fortune to spend some time talking with him at Yokohama '06 (for some considerable time). Such a great guy to talk to. You won't need to ask him anything...just listen.

The only bad thing about talking with him was my own lack of knowledge of his history and therefore the ability to talk about specifics. I wish the book had been out pre '06.

Looking forward to your results.

Pete

6. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Awesome! I look forward to seeing photos and see if you are able to get some cool info out of him!

7. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Dam some guys get all the luck. But anyway good luck and have fun.

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I interviewed Mr Winfield on our first DVD - he did not know me from the bum outside - but gave me all the time I wanted - TOTALLY cool and totally nice - to this day he still remembers me. I can only HOPE that I have the drive and lust for life that he has! Enjoy it - he has a lot of knowledge in that grey matter up there...............

9. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Too cool Skoty!!! What a fun adventure!!!! How long you gonna be there?? Im was thinking of taking my car for a test drive and the 14 N. is awesome for that!!!

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Cool Skoty! I am sure you'll do a great job and I can't wait to see the aftermath of your 4 day Winfield type meth binge after wards. I for one would love to see the '35 in paint by the time the week is over!

11. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

IT WAS AWESOME SEEING YOU AT WINFIELDS BRO, CAR LOOKS RAD IN PERSON. GOOD JOB! LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANNA STAY UP HERE FOR THE SAC AUTORAMA SHOW. THERES A WELCOME MAT IN FRONT OF MY HOME.

E=Ian Berky;4676515]Too cool Skoty!!! What a fun adventure!!!! How long you gonna be there?? Im was thinking of taking my car for a test drive and the 14 N. is awesome for that!!![/QUOTE]

12. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Well the drive was pretty crazy. The interview went very well, i gotta say, winfield is a great guy. He is so welcoming and great hearted. I have spoke to him before, but not on the level i did and really getting into his head about his life with customs, business and how things where between the elite builders of the time.
    I gotta say im very impressed with him and his achievments. He still has the fire burning bright and will not give up building cars till the end! We had dinner with him and it was rad seeing the winfield outside of the shop or show. Great personality. Im very inspired by him and wanna give him a big thank you for everything thing he has done for our car culture, with out him and the other elite builders who knows what we would be into today for cars.
    I will be posting pics later tonight.

13. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

CONGRATS...thanks soo much for sharing this with us. The pics I'm sure will be SWEET!

14. Gearhead Mike

Gearhead Mike

I got a bunch of pics from our trip, but I'll be damned if I know how to post them on here... Evil told me how to once and I wrote it down, so if I can find that scrap of paper in the quarter mile pile that is the Gearhead office, I will too. Got a few GREAT ones of Skoty with Gene going through the shop, hopefully I'll figure it out!

15. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

16. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

so epic. Stoked for you homie!

17. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

That's awesome!
    I met Gene when He was up here this fall, it was such a privelage. Number one thing I took away with me after spending time around him was, "you can do it, it's only work". It sounds simple but it I'm reminded of it daily.

It was wierd having him look my pickup over before he signed the dash, I felt like finding a hole to crawl in. Gene just looked up and said "this is cool" made my year. :D

18. striper

striper

Bit harsh Scoty. At least let him sleep on the lounge room floor ;)

Looking forward to the pics and story.

Ian, great shot of your car with Gene. Great thing to have.

Pete

19. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

HAHA!!! Gene's a fucking legend........ I'm stoked for sure!!!!:)
    I feel lucky to live 82 miles away from his shop!!!

20. lorodz

lorodz

wow..awsome for you guys ...i would love to meet him ...im way to far across the map..look foward to seeing the rest of the pics and reading the article

21. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Sorry ive been lagging on the pics, got alot going on and had to make up the time i was gone for mooneyes and winfields. Pics are coming soon. Have a great day guys