Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Lazy 8 logo search

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pothole, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Pothole

Pothole

Make your wife happy, let me come pick it up. Fantastic

Stogy, 5window and wraymen like this.
  2. She is OK, it’s just added to the list of reasons to have me committed. Bad part was that I stole her windmill thingy.

seb fontana and Stogy like this.
  3. 5window

5window

It's vintage Ford with a blower. What's not to like?

Sent from my moto g(6) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy and wraymen like this.
  4. Pothole

Pothole

This image is popping up all over. This tie pin just sold for over 80.00 on ebay.
    Tie pin.jpg

5. 5window

5window

I probably have 100 ties-my dad's,grandfather's,gifts, home made-I wore them at work. Haven't used a tie tack for probably 20 years. Not nice to put a hole in your tie every time. Probably invented by a tie manufacturer. Nice logo though. Someone from the "more money than brains club"?

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually those pins would look good on a jacket collar or hat...I guess that's what brought on Slip Clips and Alligator Style Clips considering the pinhole situation.

Since Lazy 8's are the subject...this is much more modern but it does highlight the Inspiration in such designs...

Hamber @AULIZ's Hotrod

[​IMG]

Credit to Photographer, Owner

7. rudestude

rudestude

A friend of mine was telling me about a toy rocket ship mechanical bank that he found.
    I stopped and took a look at it and the first thing I noticed was a symbol on the side of it...kind of looked familiar...
    Missing the 8 , but ......anyways just thought I would share. 15889067213933920292737512732391.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy likes this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perhaps it was inspired by a walk by the Toy Store or sitting on the designers shelf but if its later than 34 it might be the other way around...stranger things have happened...

rudestude likes this.
  9. rudestude

rudestude

The more I look at the Ford V8 insignia that is in question of the OP....of the meaning or reason of the "third leg" in the V.
    A greater question comes too mind for me is ...why is the 8 upside down in the "styled" version compared to the 8 in the standard V8 insignia.
    Is it just for the fact that it fits the V better?
    I think by this time the designers were just going for a look that didn't necessarily have to have a meaning or reason .

Stogy likes this.
  10. rudestude

rudestude

The toy rocket I guess was a late 40's early 50's release.

Stogy likes this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fast as an Arrow...or 8 BIG Powerful Pistons Pumping Horsepower to get you to the Finish Line...comes to my somewhat outside the box, artistic mind...The Typical Upright V with 8 is what it is, the Engine Shape or Style plus the number of cylinders, versus cylinders, engine shape with the added speed of an arrow and or moving forward...Racing was a Big Deal in 34 apparently and that was a jawdroppingly beautiful Racer/Hotrod...so they Promoted it. It truly was and still is one of the most Elegant Times in Automotive Art and Car Design...

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    rudestude likes this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. oldolds

oldolds

I really have no answer for origin of the design. It appears to me the reason for the inverted 8 is to streamline the design. The whole design seems to be speed related.

rudestude likes this.
  14. 5window

5window

Stogy likes this.
  15. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

16. Pothole

Pothole

Another lapel pin showed up, this one in Great Briton and the US price is 140.00. The Early Ford V8 Foundation Museum's logo incorporates a version of the Lazy Eight so I reached out to them and hope
    to share info from them soon. Early Ford V8 Foundation Museum.jpg s-l300.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

wraymen likes this.
  18. A tuner. I believe the center circle is controlled by one of the knobs. Very cool.

seb fontana and Stogy like this.
  19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Ahh that would explain that tune...thanks @wraymen...:)

Interesting it plays into the Ashtray mechanics of 1936 in the waterfall...a Rotating Disc...mind you a Knob turns that Arrowhead tuner...

It's funny for a moment I thought speedometer and was thinking yeah 150mph eh...:D

seb fontana and wraymen like this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

21. ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

That was my thought as a hotrod designer and lover of the art deco era. I think it is a speed line.