Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Latham supercharger value

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead41ford, Feb 11, 2019.

1. flathead41ford

flathead41ford
    from Mentor OH

I had a customer walk into my shop today and ask if I was interested in a Latham supercharger. I have no experience with them at all and to be honest, I don't think I have ever seen one in person. He said he has everything for it including pulleys, brackets and intake for a Ford FE. It was originally on his 1960 Ford years ago. Please keep in mind, I have no clue of condition or cosmetics of this set up so I am just looking for some numbers from some of the knowledgeable people here. He did say it was complete, dusty and the carbs needed rebuilt when he pulled the system off his car. Thanks in advance.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

3. flathead41ford

flathead41ford
    from Mentor OH

4. elba

elba

They were neat . You could run the engine without the belt that drove the super charger and the air going thru it would turn the axial compressor. After you shut the motor off the engine would have the supercharger whine till the compressor stopped.

flathead41ford likes this.

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Might be the same unit......if it didn’t seem or get much action on eBay. If it is, in fact, a second complete unit to show up in a short time frame, that’s pretty amazing.

Look like it uses the side draft Carter carbs that were used on the 6 cylinder Corvettes.

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

7. flathead41ford

flathead41ford
    from Mentor OH

He did say they were carter side drafts on his set up.

8. LAROKE

LAROKE

I got this one last year for $5,000 and it included the magneto, fuelie manifold, and two belts. The belts are hard to come by. I would consider $13,000 way high.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. flathead41ford

flathead41ford
    from Mentor OH

I pulled the trigger on this set up. All of this was in a coffin under an inch of dust. He included the original paper work for the Latham. Also included was a 427 dual quad intake, Thunderbird valve covers, Holley carb, coolant expansion tank modified for the Latham, oil temp gauge, coil, one aftermarket dual point distributor, one factory dual point distributor, Moon fuel block as well as misc other FE parts. IMG_1629.JPG

10. was it south of 13K :D

11. flathead41ford

flathead41ford
    from Mentor OH

WAAAYYYYY less, LOL. But I will accept that offer if someone wants to pay it!